Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple line items issue

former_member368216
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a synchronous scenario, in which we are generating and exposing a WSDL from PI. The request contains Empid and Response has multiple line items. The external call is successful, the problem we are seeing is only a single record getting posted instead of multiple records.

I am using RFC to fetch the data from ECC, and can see multiple records in the output table. Scenario has RFC as receiver and SOAP as sender.

All ideas are very much appreciated. Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

Ashok

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

You seem to have exposed PI interface as a web service. SOAP sender sends an employee id based on which you make an RFC call to ECC.  Does the sender sends multiple records or one ?

For each employee ID, you get multiple records from ECC ? If yes, you have to design your outbound data type (synchronous) to support this. hope these pointers will help.

If they don't, please attach screenshots of your outbound data type and message mapping and we can take it forward from there.

Ambrish

former_member368216
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you guys.

Ambrish, you are right..The sender will call the wsdl generated from PI, with a single Empid..the return structure should contain single/multiple line items of the employee and i am doing the outbound synchronous call as you pointed out...still multiple line items are not sent in the return call...only single record being sent.

Please find the mapping screen shots as suggested..

Thank you,

Ashok

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the occurrence you have for  the sender response mapping item node (in RFC structure) ?  is it 1 to many? I dont see it in the screenshot above? You dont need to change the signature tab to modify the target message occurence

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

First take source payload and check in ECC(SE38) like execute function module manually by netrering payload values , if you have received only one record then you have to debug function modeul code.

function module has to return multiple records , if it is not giving response then code changes required, if function module giving multiple records then stop and start RFC channel and try.

I think code changes required at function module level, your development looks correct.

Regards,

Raj

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Is your RFC returning multiple records for an employee ? execute the RFC in ECC first and if you are getting desired results, you should be checking the RFC metadata. Try to upload the RFC again and check the cache as well. You are close to the solution.

Needless to say, T_OUTPUT under the response RFC structure should be table type and multiple item nodes should be generated. This would be clear if you run a test in SE37 in ECC.

Hope it helps!

Ambrish

former_member368216
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thank you. I am not seeing any payload in SXMB_MONI in PI, no trace on what happened when called the PI generated wsdl from 3rd party tool. Please help me to identify on how to get the source payload. Pls guide me with little more explanation on the steps, that would be of great help.

Fyi pls, when i execute the fn.mod manually, multiple records are fetched in ECC.

Regards,

Ashok

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

I am using RFC to fetch the data from ECC, and can see multiple records in the output table. Scenario has RFC as receiver and SOAP as sender.

Your scenarios is RFC to SOAP or SOAP to RFC?

As per my understanding, you are fetching the data from ECC by using RFC and you are sending the data to some Web service. right?

RFC to SOAP is fine, you are facing the problem with the Response from SOAP to RFC right?

let me know, what you are expecting in Response message? check your response mapping once and re-check the occurrences that you have defined and change it as per your requirement.

Hope it will resolve your issue. let me know if still you are facing the same issue....

Regards

Bhargava krishna