cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTSplus IR or ID Transport Description does not show up in SE01

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I create a ESR or ID transport (CTS plus) on the very first screen 'select source' it asks for Description. However What I have noticed is when I put some description there and create a transport, the transport description does not show in se01, se09 or se10 when I look for my transports.

We are are PI 7.11 sp10.

I was able to see the same in my earlier client.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure if there will be any settings to enable this.so far i have not found anything on this. let see we get any reply from others.

As per below link we should use Transport Organizer Classic UI or Transport Organizer Web UI. then we have to attach the transport files to request.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/46/01f7f945e27042e10000000a155369/frameset.htm

Regards,

Muniyappan.

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can do below things if you want to see the name.

First create new transport request.

STMS -> Environment -> Transport Organizer Web UI

assign the objects (to be transported) to this request in ESR or ID(like normal export objects).

now check in mentioned tcodes if you are able to see the name.

whenever you want to rename the transport request you can go to Transport Organizer Web UI.

select the request , rename it and save.

but you have do this before releasing the request.

Regards,

Muniyappan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. However I am aware of the workaround. My question is why the description is not reflected in se01,09,10 when the transport is created through ESR or ID directly.

There has to be a setting in stms.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

I also faced the same prob.

If I double click on each TR[in se09], than I could see the description I gave during TR generation.

BR,

Avinash M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any more thoughts.

The transport is taking 'Generated Request'  (by Default) as descrition instead of what I putting in Transport Name and Description.

Se09, se01 or se10 just shows 'Generated Request'  and not my custom description

Thanks.

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vicky,

As a workaround, did you try changing the description in SE01 ?

Ambrish

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

I have also experienced the same however you can set the description in se01 by editing the object under properties before you release the transport.

Ambrish

siddhardha_dnk
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

Check whether you are following the same procedure which is in following document.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20ccd0ec-2839-2b10-0097-828fcd8ed...

Regards,

DNK Siddhardha.