cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PR00 manual update block vs allow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a condition record for PR00 with 5 decimal points using USDN. And the document currency is USD in the sales order.

PR00 unit price is coming to sales order and displayed.

But sometimes this could be blank, since there is no condition record, or user wants to overwrite the price to other value.

I know I can use manual condition type ZPR0 to get a new price. If I assign ZPR0 in the assign pricing procedure, I can not see system proposed PR00 value on the order overview screen.

So business wants to use just PR00 and want to overwrite when they want to.

In this case, in VA01, system propose 1,55455 and user overwrite to 1.45455, there is no change history on this.

Any one share the experience what is the pros and cons for letting user can change the PR00 and blocking it?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

I understood your query is only to give access to user changing PR00 (Base Price) in VA01 transaction.

Yes, in SAP you can have two option

1. Giving change access of PR00 to users

2. PR00 not manual change allowed and give another manual condtion ZPR0 to update change base price.

I will suggest you to not allow user to change PR00 manually in sales order. Pricing is very sensitive area and any changes which can not track will have big business Impact.

It also depend how strong your business priocess is.... and ultimate what business requires.

As per me in normal case I will always avoid manual base price change access to user in VA01 as its difficult to track.

Only you will find Manual indicator showing that some body changed PR00 manually in sales order.  you will find this manual indicator in Price condtion type  detail screen. If this works for your business than fine give manual PR00 condtion type change access to user.

So as per your given details, I will suggest you to go for second option that using another manual condtion type ZPR0. It is easy to track and business can easily track it.

Regards

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Justin Park,

Could you please confirm if your issue resolved.

Please mark the solution if it answered or helped you to reach solution.

Regards

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Justin,

I know I can use manual condition type ZPR0 to get a new price. If I assign ZPR0 in the assign pricing procedure, I can not see system proposed PR00 value on the order overview screen.

As commented by DEBADEEP, the condition type given along the pricing procedure, in OVKK, shall populate (with its value) in the sales order, overview screen.

So if you want the user to see PR00 in the sales order, overview screen; keep PR00 in OVKK.

Even if user adds a manual pricing condition type with value in the sales order, tab Conditions; still the overview screen shall populate PR00 and its value.

I have tested this.

Please test it and update here.

former_member216765
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I suggest you can create manual condition as ZPR0 and use Condition Exclusions to determine the best condition in the Sales Order. Here you will get an option to enter price manually in VA01 under ZPR0 also system will automatically deactivate the least condition (as per your requirement), so you can have record of both the condition active and inactive at the same time in VA01.

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit,

If both are base price than why you want to use condtion exclusion?

If user will enter manual price ZPR0, it will automatically deactivate first automatic base price...

Regards

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Justin,

In this case, in VA01, system propose 1,55455 and user overwrite to 1.45455, there is no change history on this.

Any one share the experience what is the pros and cons for letting user can change the PR00 and blocking it?

If you want the changes to be registered in the change logs, then instruct user to save the sales order. Then, in VA02, do the changes.

In this way the changes shall be registered in CDHDR and CDPOS (the change tables).

Side note: The actions done in VA01 are not "change", those belong to creation (in accordance with the SAP logic).

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

How business will control this??? Do you suggest ABAP development??

Any way as I suggested above, if anyone change price condtion manually even in VA01, that can be track in condtion detail. In Condtion detail indicator will indicate price entered manually.

Only difference is change log will not have any details of time or old condtion value or user name if changed in VA01.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dear,

The condition type which can be overwritten on the overview screen is the one maintained in the pricing procedure assignment configuration. If you maintain ZPR0 in the configuration, then it would be condition type in the overview screen which you could change.

One more thing in standard you could have only one base price condition active. The prior condition will be deactivated. If you do not enhance (user exits) you could use one base price at a time.

Changing PR00 does not impact anything, just that business has to be careful while processing the sales order. Better to go with a custom one and suggest client to use the custom one as this is suggestible

Regards,

Debadeep Saha.

rahul_vishwakarma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

Better to check the calculation base type in pricing procedure for particular condition type.

Regards,

Kundan

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

If that is the case then you have only one option as make the Field " Calculation Type "in Condition Type under " Changes which can be made " and you can change the Price manually in Sales Order from 1,55455 to 1.45455.

If you have any doubts please let me know .

Thanks,

NK