Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO PPDS Optimizer Not Scheduling Orders For Same Product Together

jim_newkirk
Discoverer
0 Kudos

All,

Here is my situation. I have two products (P1 and P2) assigned to the same setup group (meaning no setup when switching between these 2 products).  These two products can be produced on the same machine (M1).  What I an finding is that when I run the optimizer it may schedule orders for these two products as follows:

I have 3 orders for 100 each for P1

I have one order for 200 for P2.

Sequence of orders on M1 is 100 P1, 100 P1, 200 P2, 100 P1.

Ideally the optimizer should schedule all the orders for the same product together as follows:

Sequence of orders on M1 should be 100 P1, 100 P1, 100 P1, 200 P2.

Is there a way to get the optimizer to scheule all the orders for the same product together even if there are multiple products in the same setup group?  I don't want to define material level setup transitions to accomplish this.  Thanks for the help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

Scheduling in  PPDS Optimizer is purely based on the setup groups and setup Keys,as they are important master data for setup matrix based on which run-time setup times and setup costs are calculated.

So  for your requirement use the setup keys for same products and provide setup costs between the setup keys. This should work. I couldn't think any other possibilities.

Regards,

Kiru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

Try adding setup costs for these two products in the setup matrix.  You may have to tune it a bit.

Best Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

I just re-read your question.  I don't know of any way to accomplish what you want unless you drop to product level.

Best Regards,

Mike