Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Edit Ui in SAP Webdynpro ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Eexperts,

I have a Requirement on Text Edit UI.

Requirement is :

In Create mode i will update the text in the backed by using text edit ui. And when i come through Change mode the text which is coming from backed should be no editable.and user should be able to enter the new text in the same text edit.

Please Provided with required information. 

Waiting for Reply.

Thanks & Regards.

Krishna.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Just create two varibles in the context

1.To hold Text Edit UI element data Ex .lv_text

2.To change Text Edit UI state( Read/Write) Ex. lv_state

Go to WDDOINIT method and check if lv_text is intital,then set lv_state = '  ' else lv_state = 'X'.

Thanks,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just trying to understand your requirement, so you want to display the previous text and it should be in display mode and is ther any button you will have to get to change mode and add new text to already existing text.

Please make this clear to suggest you a proper solution.

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Doesnt look like this is possible with a single text edit UI. Would it help if you had 2 seperate text edit UI elements one below the other without padding. You coule use the text edit on top to display the data and the one below to add.

Thanks,

Pris.

former_member217546
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna Kumar,

What ever said by Romero is correct, and while saving the text update it in the same text id/database field.

In the change mode get same from database and put it in non-editable UI element.

Or else if you want to save the every change save it with Combination DATE TIME  filed like

10.06.2013 17:05   text(xxxxxxxxxxxxx)

10.06.2013  18:20  text(yyyyyyyy)

Thanks,

Sudheer

RicardoRomero_1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna Kumar,

I think is not possible to have a TextEdit with some text editable and some other text not editable in the same TextEdit...

What you can do is create two TextEdits, one not editable for the saved texts and another editable for the new texts...

Regards,

Ricardo.

former_member206479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think we can not control the text in the TEXT EDIT UI which has come from back end to non editable and entering new text. Only one thing is possible either you can make it as non editable or editable. You can not make back end data as non editable and entering new text at the same time in single TEXT EDIT UI element. If i'm wrong please suggest me with correct info.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna Kumar,

Create one attribute on type WDY_BOOLEAN and bind this to enable property of text edit field.

In change mode write code to set this attribute to edit by passisng abap_true or abap_false.

Cheers,

Kris.