cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Generation Parameters: Widely Used

former_member207342
Contributor
0 Kudos

While creating Universe which of the SQL Parameters are widely used and in what scenario. As I guess most of the time default values are sufficient.

e.g Have you used AUTO_UPDATE_QUERY or any other parameter and in what scenario.

Thanks,

Kuldeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182521
Active Contributor

Hi Kuldeep,

AUTO_UPDATE_QUERY option comes in to handy when you want to apply Display Data setting option in Business Security Profile. If this parameter is set to

Yes - then the denied objects are removed from the query and from any filters defined in the business layer.
No - refreshing the report generates an error message.

Regards,

Mani
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kuldeep,

REVERSE_TABLE_WEIGHT and JOIN_BY_SQL are the ones I used in oracle universes. First one for reversing table weights in the from clause of query to improve performance of query on oracle universes and second one for forcing the join process to be executed on database server to improve performance again.

Few more ANSI_92 =yes to create full outer join, STORED_PROC_UNIVERSE=YES while creating stored procedure universe

I have used many other but depends on scenarios and issues you have with the universe that force you to go for various parameters

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Mallik