cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upgrade SAP DMS system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement to upgrade our SAP DMS system to newer release. Can anyone tell us how to upgrade DMS system to a newer release, as we are not able to find any document related to upgarde in service market place.

Thanks

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Assuming that you are using Content Server on MaxDB for storing documents in DMS, you need to refer below documents based on MaxDB version for the upgrade steps.

http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&_SHORTKEY=01100035870000722166

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for your reply. The documents mentioned by you are MaxDB database upgrade docs, my question is does content server upgrade is simply upgrading MaxDB version ? or is there any any upgrade procedure just like ERP upgrade ?

Regards

Mahesh

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

SAP content server is a web based application which has not been enhanced after version 6.40 . So there is no need for upgrading this.

I shared MaxDB upgrade documents as ideally customers have MAxDB as their storage repository configured with SAP content server.

So when we plan for upgrading SAP Content Server database, its basically upgrading the MaxDB database.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

0 Kudos

Hi, SAP Content Server is more than just MaxDB so you can download updated binaries for version  6.40 from service.sap.com.

We use Windows so it was dll's etc. but I have not done it for a while so don't recall the SWDC path.  I'm sure there is a SAP note for it.

If you really want to upgrade the SAP DMS system then you need to upgrade your ERP.

Regards, Matt