cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP.manufacturing.connectivity.destinationException

0 Kudos

Hi to all,

I installed  PCo 2.3 SP2.

I'm trying to configure a destination system, MII 12.0 but when i test the connection i receve this error: SAP.manufacturing.connectivity.destinationException was thrown.
I tried with machine name, ip address, machine + domain but nothing, always the same error. If I try to connec to MII 12.2 all works fine. Why?

Any idea?

Thanks

Andrea

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member211944
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

I replicated the problem.

The problem comes only when I try to connect to MII 12.0 from PCo 2.3

Would try to find the solution and let you know if I find something.

Regards,

Rohit Negi.

0 Kudos

Hi Negi,

well, not the only one , it's quite good .

I'll keep you informed in case of news.

Probably I'll open a ticket to SAP.

Ciao

Andrea

former_member211944
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

I saw the solution note for this problem.

The note number is 1882628.

Just updating the information in this thread so that anyone else facing the problem in future could use this.

Regards,

Rohit Negi.

0 Kudos

Hi to All,

SAP have created a patch for this issue. the opened ticket worked fine .

Regards to all for the support.

0 Kudos

Hi,

in my scenario I have different instances of MII. I have different machines with MII 12.0 and 2 machines with 12.2. I created two different destination.

I setted a destination to MII 12.2, machine name and port, and a different settings  for MII 12.0. Only for MII 12.0 i received this error.

I have also the PCo 2.2 that works fine with MII 12.0, but with the same settings an error happens.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andrea,

Along with the exception, does it also throw a message? Something like "Cannot open connection to host: " or "Cannot establish connection with any of the available instances".

The issue normally comes up when, the host is not reachable or the Java AS is down,

1. Check if the 12.0 is firewall protected. If yes, try switching off the firewall and try re-connecting.

2. Check if the Java AS in 12.0 machine is up and running.

To check if the 12.0 machine is reachable, try niping

Syntax:

Self Test : niping -t -H <<HostName(full) / IP Address>> -S <<Service port you are trying to connect>>

Verification Test (Checks if the port is available) :

niping -v -H <<HostName(full) / IP Address>> -S <<Service port you are trying to connect>>

Regards,

Tufale Ashai

0 Kudos

Hi Ashai,

thanks for your response.

I installed the PCO 2.3 on the MII machine. The complete message is:

[severity= fatal] Exception of type 'SAP.manufacturing.connectivity.destinationException was thrown.' Nothing more. I received this error if I try to connect on the local MII and also on a different MII machine.

All the MIIs works fine,  so I don't think that could be a problem of java.

I tested also with the NIPING command and, for the remote MII, i haven't received an error.

Thanks a lot for you suggestions

Andrea

former_member211944
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

You are just changing the MII version in the same destination from 12.0 to 12.2 (i.e. in the dropdown)

or creating another MII 12.2 destination?

Regards,

Rohit Negi.