Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM and Internet Explorer 10

SF111
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've checked the PAM and I know that Internet Explorer 10 isn't supported yet but does anybody know if there is any plan to add support going forward?  Is there a published timeframe for release yet?  I have several users that have upgraded to Windows 8 and their only option at the moment is to use Firefox or Chrome and I'd rather not have to install a separate browser just for them to use SRM.  Other users are on Windows 7 and they are upgrading to IE10 as well so this problem just keeps increasing.

Thanks!

Hal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

strange, the SRM7 we using is not compatible with google chrome and it's only working for internet explorer.

is this a global setting in SRM7 or individual browser settings in the pc/laptop?

SF111
Explorer
0 Kudos

We've just put on the latest Support Packs for SRM_SERVER 701 and that seems to have taken care of the issues I was having with IE 10, but now Chrome doesn't seem to work.  I think this probably matches what you're seeing sap earth. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hal,

I am on Windows 7 and using IE10 since last 4 months in SRM 7.00 NW 7.01 with portal navigation. 

The only issue in our system is related to note 1843602 - IE10 external browser window opens in background.  When I check existing shopping cart by POWL application SAPSRM_E_CHECKSTATUS, after click on shopping cart number the "Display Shopping Cart" windows browser will opened and move behind the opener window.

Since the solution suggested by note 1843602 is related to NW 7.02 only, I have raise a message to ask if there solution for NW 7.01.

Hope you have solve your problem.

Regards,

Donald

SF111
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Donald,

I have noticed the behavior mentioned in note 1843602 but the problem we're seeing is that when you open the window that lists the available catalogs, if you click on one you get the "spinning blue/orange circle" that indicates that it's trying to make the redirect call out to the catalog and it never actually redirects to the catalog website.  I have a feeling this may relate to the service pack level for both SRM and Portal in production.  At the time that I first posted the question, the PAM didn't show IE10 as a supported browser at all.  Now it does show IE10 as a supported browser for SRM 7.0 EHP1 as long as SAP BASIS 7.02 is up to SP level SAPKB70212 and we're a couple of support packs below that.  We've got a project to apply those support packs within the next couple of months and I'll report back on whether that resolves the issues we're seeing or not.

Thanks for your ideas though!

Hal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hal,

FYI, my problem was resolved by OSS note 1902622 as suggested by SAP.  Wish SP upgrade will solve your problem.

Regards,

Donald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hal,

did you check Note 1785100 - Internet Explorer 10 Release Notes which is mentioned in Note 1870216 - SRM not working properly with IE10?

Regards,

Miklós

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hal,

I am on Windows 7 and using IE 10 since last 2 months without any issues in SRM 7.02 EHP2 portal. Though SAP doesn't support it officially, so far we have performed end to end unit testing in all the screen navigations and didn't noticed any issue using IE 10. Hopefully SAP will come up with IE 10 support soon.

Thanks,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

We are using SRM 7.02 as well, but IE10 has not worked for any of users.  I also tried loading IE10 onto my laptop and testing SRM with it and it did not work.  It would just keep spinning.  Was there anything specific that you did on your end to get it working.

Thanks,

Jeff

SF111
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

I'm seeing the same problem that Jeff mentions.  Every user that has tried using Internet Explorer 10 gets the "Spinning Wheel" every time it tries to make the call. I've tried using compatability mode but that hasn't helped.

Hal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Jeff,

I just did the below settings and it is working for me.

Thanks,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Minoj,

I tried that and still couldn't get it to work.  It just clocks on me when I try to create a shopping cart.

Thanks,

Jeff