SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carry forward budget

former_member599430
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sapinet

Last year budget consumed in current year during posting of expenses document. fiscal year april to march.

Step 1

Posted one expenses related document on dated 31.03.2012 rs 10000 (FB60) ,Budget report (FMRP_RW_BUDCON) shows in 2012 rs 10000 consumed.

Step 2

Document reversed on 1st April 2013. Budget revert back in the year 2013. Budget report (FMRP_RW_BUDCON) shows in 2013 rs 10000 available and in consumed column it is showing -10000)

Step - 3

Posted document under same fund center & commitment item in the current fiscal year i.e 01.04.2013 but system consuming budget from the available budget of last year. Client required last year budget year should not be used in the current year.

As per the above test case my client requirement is last year budget should not be used in the current year. Your valuable suggestion is appreciated.

Please suggest how to restrict the revert back budget of last year in the current year.

Regards

Soraj

7 REPLIES 7

former_member599430
Participant
0 Kudos

Is there any solution?

0 Kudos

Hi Saroj,

Step 1. System behavior is correct as your fiscal year is (April-march) , any exp. document posted in 31-03-2012 should consumed budget for FY 2012.

Step 2. System behavior is correct as budget carried forward to next FY 2013, so reverse document on 01-04-2013 make effect on FY 2013 only.

Step 3. If your client requirement is not to consume last year budget in current FY 2013, you need not to carry forward the available budget to FY 2013 from FY 2012.

Regards,

Rabin

0 Kudos

Dear Rabin

Thanks for reply. i have not done any carry forward activity of that FI document as i have mentioned that posted in march 2012 (fiscal year 2012) and reversed in 2013 april through transaction code FB08. As per normal behavior of system whenever we are reversing any document budget will revert back to the particular fund center and commitment item but in my case after reversal budget returns to fiscal year 2013 instead 2013 year.

Budget will revert back to 2012 or 2013 as per standard best practice?

Thanks

Soraj

0 Kudos

Dear Rabin

Thanks for reply. i have not done any carry forward activity of that FI document as i have mentioned that posted in march 2012 (fiscal year 2012) and reversed in 2013 april through transaction code FB08. As per normal behavior of system whenever we are reversing any document budget will revert back to the particular fund center and commitment item but in my case after reversal budget returns to fiscal year 2013 instead 2013 year.

Budget will revert back to 2012 or 2013 as per standard best practice?

Thanks

Soraj

0 Kudos

Sorry in the last line of para i have writen wrongly

In my case reversal budget returns to fiscal year 2013 instead of 2012.

0 Kudos

Dear Saroj,

Please check the reversal document posting date .

former_member332492
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saroj,

we cannot specify the budget to be consumed from current year.Once we have carryforward of budget, indicates that the budget is available for consumption. if client dont want to use, dont carryfoward the last year budget.

Regards

Sam