cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear Memebers,

abhinavdubey
Explorer
0 Kudos

I would like to know is there relevant SAP Note which says the sequence to be followed while

Applying Support Packages through SPAM. i know that we should start with Basis,Abap,pibasis

Bw ...so on but can i put all basis component at one go (i know we can't) but than how can i decide that up to which patch level

i should put Basis in queue and after that abap or some other packages is there any SAP Note for that ...

Regards

Abhinav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206552
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav,

source : http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Basis/Support+Package+Installation

"Note: You can apply them individually or the whole list at one time."

I had problems a while back with ABA and BASIS with SAP NETWEAVER 700 going from 10 to 14 wherre if you apply ABA and BASIS toghter it would fail and you would have endless heaches. Since then i usually do ABA and BASIS 2 at a time (10 and 11 for both) and for the other I would generate 1 big queue or 2 queues depending on the amount of packes.

Best Regards

Marius

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

abhinavdubey
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear memebers,

Thanks to all i am closing this Discussiont now.

Regards

Abhinav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhinav,

First you have to ensure that you have all the required Support packages in queue. You can use MOPZ (maintenance optimizer in solution manager) to ensure that you have all the required support packages.

Once, you have all the packages in queue, then you can proceed with the SP application. If you have all the SP in queue and queue is defined, you can select the patch with the highest SP level say you are going from SP 10 to 14, then select the patch with highest version i.e 14, this will ensure that all the lower level SPs are included.

If you will select SAP_BW, it will select all the below dependent components i.e.

It will automatically select SAP_BASIS,SAP_ABA,PI_BASIS along with SAP_BW

Hope this answers your query.

Regards,

Denish

abhinavdubey
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Denish,

Thanks for your reply you r correct that by selecting highest SP level it will select all lower

SP also but my concern is if i am apllying it one at a time what sequence should i follow

i describe in my starting discussion that we all know sequence to be followed is Basis,Abap,Pi-basis an so on but is there in any SAP specific note which describe this or say this....

Regards

Abhinav

former_member206552
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav,

no I have not seen a note, we follow it because that is the pre requisites when you calculate the queue.

You can check using the ALL SUPPORT PACKAGES -> DISPLAY

Best Regards

Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhinav,

Not sure about SAP note, never seen any in this regard. But checking the pre-requisite for a specific component can give you information about the required sequence for applying support packages.

Regards,

Denish