cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSD LSMW Visit Plans - Create Date Screen not showing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings Guru's,

We are busy with a DSD roll out and I need to create many many many visit plans via LSMW ( or manually which is a LAST resort ), the Tour Masters was successfully uploaded to our Production client but when I try to create (whilst recording for the 1st time) the Visit Plans, the moment you save the Visit Plan the system is supposed to show me the Create Date screen where I could choose delivery days but nothing happens, I tried alternative methods of displaying the screen but nothing, the date screen is being suppressed but I can’t figure where….has anyone encountered this problem?
Any solutions?

Best Regards,

Fats

p.s. I have attached the Create Date screen to this call.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fats,

I will admit that I am no DSD expert but I do work alot with LSMW's and have seen similar issues where certain screens are not available for input. I personally use recordings as a last resort if other inputs methods are not available (Batch/IDOC). Batch and IDOC processing give you access to all the subtleties of the transaction without dealing with setting up the recording and in the long run require less fussing with.

In your case i can see that there is a "Create Visit Plan" idoc available (Message Type: DSD/VC_VP_CREATEFROMDATA). It may very well be worth your effort to try and create an LSMW using this IDOC. If you have not used this type of input method before there is a good document below that should help.

Since the idoc is for Create only you might need to have a 2nd LSMW for "Change" if that is a requirement of yours. In that case you can generally leverage the same file layout and adapt it for use with the change idoc.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40fb9091-21bc-2d10-6cb2-f6c310ef6...

Best of luck,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Many many thanks for your direction! I will consult with my LSMW fundies and see if we can manage the IDOC way.

Thans again and will update the call with the solution.

Cheers,

Fats

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Ok, I logged an OSS and this was their reply

"Dear Customer,

SAP provides an BAPI for this issue. Please use this

BAPI.

In order to start this BAPI please run transaction BAPI and follow

this link: Logistics Execution -> Direct Store Delivery -> VisitPlan

->

Createfromdata

A description, how to use this BAPI, you will find in tab

'Documentation'.

We hope, that this is helpful"

I am yet new to the BAPI so will investigate  with our developers and if not go your IDOC way 😉

Many thanks and take care,

Fats!