cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[ALE] GENERATE partner profile for RECEIVER SIDE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to configure the ALE exchange between two systems : PP1 (Sender) and PR1(Qual).

I specified the model and then generate partner profile (Menu/Environment/Generate Partner Profiles) the operation succeed and generates partner profiles but only in sender side (ie on the system where I specified my model) BUT not on the receiver side.

Should I configure it manually on the receiver side and typing the 40 Message types for the inbound parameters? Should I generate profiles from the receiver side as I did fir the sender one (it looks to have no sense for me)

Thank you guys for helping on this issue.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, it's quite simple. Just execute the "Generate partner profile" on the model from the receiver side (after distributing it). So you don't have to create manually your partner profiles

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amin,

Yes it is Mandatory to create a partner profile on both sides ( Sender as well as Receiver Side). Parter Profile is used to identify the system who is sending the IDOC for Receiver and On which system IDOC need to be sent for Sender

You can have a reference to below link for more details on ALE.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/18/22b800773211d396b20004ac96334b/content.htm