cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative Base Value

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gurus.,

We have caliculation type in our condition type,so we mention on how the condition should take up ,either on value or gross weight or net weight, But wat is the use of Alternate base value in Pricing procedure

Pls Reply me

Thanks

Narayana

Message was edited by:

manam narayana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its also a formula for determining the condition basis as an alternative to the standard.

<b>Example</b>

An absolute header discount is, for example, distributed in the standard system according to the cumulative value of the items.

If the system, however, distributes the absolute header discount according to volume, a header discount of $30 results in the following discounts:

Item Value Volume Discount

Stand. disc. Volume disc.

1 $1000 2 cbm $20 $10

2 $500 4 cbm $10 $20

Hope it helps. Please reward if useful.

Thanks & Regards

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sadhu.,

Thanks for your immediate response,That example is given in SAP in F1 help,,wat is cumulative value ,and can u please elaborate and give example comparing the caliculation type and alternative case value

Thank you but pls help me out

Thanks & Regards

Narayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<b>I )</b>

I did take it from the F1 help, felt thats always the best. You can observer there, that when the system was taking into consideration the absolute value ie. 1000 $ in the first line it was giving a standard disc of 20 $ and for 500$ it was giving 10$ disc, dividing the header disc of 30 $ ( 20 $ + 10$). Incase of volume disc, you can notice that even though the value was 1000$ the volume was only 2 cbm but in the next case it was 4 cbm which is higher and the header disc of 30$ got split into 10 $ and 20 $.

As well I have taken one more example from sap-img to add further.

<b>II )</b>

Alternate base value is used as the calculation basis only, while the alternate calculation is used to modify the final value.

For example, imagine you have a condition type ZZ01, with a condition record maintained (master data) for $100. Now, condition ZZ02 also exists lower in the schema, but with a rate of 10%. The standard calculation would result in a final value of $110.

The alternate base value could say, "don't use $100 as the basis -- use the original price PR00 only, which was $90." Then, the final value would be $100 + (10% of $90) = $109.

The alternate calculation routine says, "ignore the 10% altogether. Instead, use an externally calculated 20%." Then, you end up with a final value of $100 + (20% of $100) = $120.

Put them both together, and you could end up with $100 + (20% of $90) = $118.

Hope it helps.

Thanks & Regards

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sadhu.,

Alternative caliculation type is in pricing procedure but i was talking abt caliculation type in condition type,there we mention weight,volume ..ets for every condition type,but again y to mention that in pricing procedure,

Can u pls say ,if u dont understand my quostion ,pls reply,so i can clarify it better

Thanks & Regards

Narayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally if you want to calculate a value you have to use a calculation type for determining the value. This calculation type is either addition, subtraction or multiplication. Similarly SAP also has got a default calculation type in the control data of the condition type. There you have the options of either Qty based , Fixed Amount Based or Percentage based.

Here what happens is suppose if you define your condition type that calculates the base price of a material on Qty based. Then the calculation will be done based on the quantity of the material. If the customer orders 10 Nos and you have maintained a unit price of 100 Rs for each material then the value determined is 1000 INR. Similarly if the discount condition type , you maintain the calculation type as %. This means if you maintain the value of 10 % in the condition record. Then this percentage is taken as the calculation type and the condition value is determined.

In some cases you have to forego the default calculation types and use the customer specific method for calculating a value. For ex if you are calculating the Freight charges for a Material . it depends on so many criteria like, the weight, volume and also the minimum amount etc etc, in those cases, you forego the default value and then use the alternative calculation type in calculating the condition value against the particular condition

Hope it clarifies. Please reward if useful and also please let me if you any further clarifications.

Thanks & Regards

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sadhu.,

Thank you very much for your response ,but i want the difference between caliculation type in condition type and alternate base value in pricing procedure.both this hav measurements like quantity,net weight,..etc,we give the condition type caliculation type on wat to caliculate , again then y need alternate base value in the pricing procedure.

Thanks for your response sadhu,pls clarify me

Narayana