Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUs in Inbound delivery

former_member1245242
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

Business requirement is to capture the Tracking number (alpha numeric, length 20 char) from the external system in inbound delivery.

to simulate the scenario, I'm trying to enter the value manualy in field VEKP-INHALT in Inbound delivery creation transaction. but system is not accepting the value, no error is shown, the entered value just disappears.

INHALTDescription of Handling Unit Content

Could you pls let me know the means of entering the value in the above mentioned field or are there any other fields in Inbound delivery where i can capture the tracking number which supports idoc as well.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Strange behaviour, since the field INHALT can be updated manually when I change a handling unit.  So I guess there is something in the function module you use to update / create the handling unit?

But what about HU identification 2: EXIDV2.  It  This field also available for searching for HU.  It got 20 Char.

Brgds

Lars

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm with Lars on this one. In many of my projects we used HU 2 (EXIDV2) as the tracking number field. There is also another option where you create a special packaging material type and define the number range to be external so that you actually use the tracking number as the primary HU Identifier (EXIDV).