Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUA: Show single role from composite role in SU01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

in CUA (central system) in SU01 I can see that singe role A and composite role B are assigned to user XYZ .

In satellite system I can see in SU01, taht single role A and composite role B is assigend to user XYZ. Additionally SU01 in satellite system shows me, that the roles C and D are in the composite role B and assignet to user XYZ.

Why I can't see this assignment (role C and D in composite role B, assigned to user XYZ) in central system?

PFCG in central system shows, that single roles C and D are integrated in composite role B.

CUA:

role A (single role)

role B (composite role)

Satellite System:

role A (single role)

role B (composite role)

role C (single role)

role D (single role)

Regards

Julia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bernhard_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Julia,

in the central systems SU01 you see only the local assignments of roles (assignments for the central system itself). For the child systems you will see, what you have assigned through SU01(/SU10 etc.). In case of composite roles you need to keep in mind, that the resolution and assignement of the corresponding single roles (the indirect assignements) are calculated and executed locally in the child system itself.

So in the central system you see only the composite role, wheras in the child (where in fact the singles are assinged as well) you see both, the composite and its single roles assignements.

Similar behaviour of course for the  profiles of the single roles, which you can see only locally in the child systems SU01 as well .

That is the design....

b.rgds, Bernhard

3 REPLIES 3

Bernhard_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Julia,

in the central systems SU01 you see only the local assignments of roles (assignments for the central system itself). For the child systems you will see, what you have assigned through SU01(/SU10 etc.). In case of composite roles you need to keep in mind, that the resolution and assignement of the corresponding single roles (the indirect assignements) are calculated and executed locally in the child system itself.

So in the central system you see only the composite role, wheras in the child (where in fact the singles are assinged as well) you see both, the composite and its single roles assignements.

Similar behaviour of course for the  profiles of the single roles, which you can see only locally in the child systems SU01 as well .

That is the design....

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hello Bernhard,

thanks for your reply.

So I take it for "design". But in my opinion it isn't logical. With this design I can't use the CUA for only central look over the assigned roles. I have to login into the child system to get the information.

Regards,

Julia

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's more like limitation of current design. At this moment you transfer only role names and descriptions from child system to central system. You do not have any additional info about roles. Hence you can not display corresponding roles of a composite role. Usually, simpler solution is better in security.