Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

? about install 7.03 SP04 Trial

TMNielsen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have installed on windows 7 and can login with SAPgui, but still a lot of things doesn't work.

but I can't. Do I need to activate something in SICF?

• I have installed Loopback adapter, but the final step in documentation is a little vague. It only says

Click Next and finish.

After that maintain your local IP Address under "Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections".

I think I know how/where to set an IP Address, but I would still like a complete description to be sure. Can I just set any IP i like?

• Do I have to set some localhost entries in the hosts file?

I think this will be enough questions for now.

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TMNielsen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually I already found solutions to all my problems, but thanks anyway.

The OSS 1532825 was in fact the solution to the RFC problem, but also a lot of other thinks needs to be taken care of, before the system is just a little useable.

During the last 6-9 months I have tried this testdrive between 10 and 15 times with no luck, and now it seems to be running, so I bet a new version will be released shortly.

dmitry_yudin
Participant
0 Kudos

Could you please share how did you fix the logon via web gui? It is so frustrating - I have already killed 5 installations trying to configure everything to make it work.

Thanks

TMNielsen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually I don't remember that I have tested the WEB gui and I don't have time for that right now, but I can shortly list some important things to make this trial work.

Installing the MaxDB Database Manager (very important)

- not according to original documentation, but like this

The database Manager is needed to start and stop the system

Starting and stopping

Normally it should be possible to start the database and the application server directly in SAP Management Console, but for unknown reasons, the database have to be started manually in the Database Manager before the application server is started, and after shot down of the application server, it is again necessary to manually stop the database in the Database Manager.

• When prompted for username and password enter control  and the master password you selected during installation.
  • I get an error message indication, that the user name / password is wrong, but the start/stop works anyway.

Solution for RFC problem

A lot of things don’t work because the system is delivered with an error of some kind, that makes RFC connections not work. Most important to me is that this makes the TMS (transport manager) not work.

I don’t have a clue what this is all  about, but found a solution as described here by Said BILGEN:

http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-administrator/blog/2012/07/19/sap-nw-as-abap-703-64-bit-trial...

TMS setup

• I logged on to client 000 with user ddic password= master password
  • 1. I deleted user TMSADM – I found no rfc destinations to be deleted
  • Start transaction STMS and press save on the TMS: Configure Transport Domain popup.

For TMSADM password I set the master password

It replied with an error message, but I think it should be possible to import transports – e.g. from Code Exchange.

Next step I try to make it possible to export transports. I’m absolutely not an expert on this, but with the TMS setup so far, any transports made with development in this system will be classified as local transports, and will not produce any data and cofile when the transports are released.

No solution to this yet.

Install licence

- as described in original documentation

Create Package

Go to SE28 and create one or more Z packages for any future configuration and development.

Setting text for logon screen (if you like)

My personal main memory is always overflowing, so I created this text for the SAP logon screen in transaction se61: ZLOGIN_SCREEN_INFO

Logon to client 000 user sap* or ddic with masterpassword

Logon to client 001 with sap* or ddic with masterpassword or bcuser with minisap

Install developer key for bcuser

Create a test program in se80 and when prompted for a developer key enter the developer key specified in original documentation:

TMNielsen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi again

I can now confirm, that the web gui is still not working in my system, but I only use SAPgui, so I'm not yet so concerned about this. Although I fear that I may run into similar problems if I try to use other web tech like web dynpro or BSP.

My guess is that it is related to network setting (I saw a few threads talking about tweaking profile parameters in RZ10 and updating C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts).

I love SAP, and I think its about 15 years ago I installed my first SAP testdrive - long before SDN/SCN existed - but I have to say this is one of the worst test drive I have tried.

I think test drives are mostly used by developers, but you need a hard core basis consultant to make this one work - not for making special stuff work, but simply to compensate for the errors in things, that according to the installation guide should work out-of-the-box.

Best regards

dmitry_yudin
Participant
0 Kudos

Actually I was able to make web gui work.

The first step is to make the following entries into the profile 'DEFAULT' in RZ10

ssl/ssl_lib $(DIR_EXECUTABLE)/libsapcrypto.so

sec/libsapsecu $(DIR_EXECUTABLE)/libsapcrypto.so

icm/server_port_1 PROT=HTTPS, PORT=1443

icm/server_port_0 PROT=HTTP, PORT=1080

This will result in the folliowing picture in SMICM - http://imageshack.us/a/img69/8212/u1b.png

Then you need to activate all services in sicf transaction and run transaction SIAC_PUBLISH_ALL_INTERNAL.

But, I have to admit, for me as a SAP BW consultant, this was complete magic and i consider it luck that I was able to define the right step and right sequence of this steps. The manual that is provided by default is convincing us that webgui functionality (and, therefore, webdynpro) should work out of the box.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

TMNielsen
Contributor
0 Kudos

After many many failed tries, I finally got the test drive running for several weeks, but sadly now it wont start any more. Maybe because of an automatic update of operating system, java version or something else - I don't know.

All I know is that I have resigned and that my attempt to join the code exchanges program (this was my goal of using the trial software) has failed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

maybe your license is now expired and then the system will only work for 30 minutes until it will automatically be shutdown by its own. In a Win7 Test scenario it may take more than 30 minutes to startup such a system so you may think it is not working anymore!

best regards

Christoph

TMNielsen
Contributor
0 Kudos

no thats not it. In installed the 90 days licence less than 2 month ago.

The Syslog is very short:

SAP Basis System: Stop SAP System, Dispatcher Pid     72

SAP Basis System: Operating system call           bind failed (error no. 10049)

SAP Basis System: > 1 possible network problems detected - check tracefile and adjus

SAP Basis System: Start SAP System, SAPSYSTEM 00, Dispatcher Pid     7236

SAP Basis System: Buffer SCSA     Generated with Length      4096

SAP Basis System: Stop Msg Server, PID     4364

SAP Basis System: Operating system call           bind failed (error no. 10049)

SAP Basis System: Start Msg Server,  1 times since system startup. PID     4364

SAP Basis System: Buffer SCSA     Generated with Length      4096

best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

check the last edited log files in your work directory!

/usr/sap/<SID>/<Instance>/work/

and check

Hinweis 202324 - Operating system call bind failed

regards

Christoph

dmitry_yudin
Participant
0 Kudos

i consider having a virtual drive where you can save your configuration progress to be an absolute must if you reallly want to have your work being save

TMNielsen
Contributor
0 Kudos

I found  http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/44/b4a09a7acc11d1899e0000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

and tried to configure STMS in client 000 with user DDIC.

The configuration of Transport Domain Controller seems to be almost successful. A user TMSADM was created as well as two rfc destinations  TMSADM@NSP.DOMAIN_NSP  and  TMSSUP@NSP.DOMAIN_NSP, but when I try to du a connection test or Remote logon from SM59, I get the error :

RFC error when sending logon data. Message no. SR053

What can be wrong?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Warning : this procedure was applied on a test system (SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP 7.03 SP04 64-bit Trial). Do not follow it on productive systems.

Logged into client 000 with SAP_ALL profile user.

Have a look at SAP Note 1532825 which I should have read.

I did not and went directly within transaction SECSTORE

executing for "All Applications"

to delete the 2 red lines, tagged "Other"

Went back to STMS, menu "Extras" / "Delete TMS configuration"

Then you are asked to setup the TMS again.

I was able to access the NSP Queue and to add a request copied to the file system.

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

PLease check

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2040664 and Note 1532825

Best Regdrs

Atul