SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to monitor Shipment Status using transaction code VT20?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have done all the required configurations and settings in SPRO for creating a shipment. I have also created a shipment on the basis of different routes and Transportation Zones.

The problem I have is when I go to T-Code VT20 to monitor my Shipments, it always shows the shipment to be in the Planned Status.

How do I process my shipment further so that i can track my shipment in the different stages of the Shipment?

Also I have configured different stages for my route. There are 5 stages for the route defined. Is it possible to see the status at this stage level in SAP?

Also if any of you gurus know some extra scenarios please send me a link or please mention them here so that I can try them in the system at hand.

Thanks and Regards

SAHIL AJIT GUPTE 

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To transfer the shipments to SAP R/3, you have to release them.

The shipments have to be released before they can be transferred to SAP R/3. To release a shipment means to fix it. During the next optimization run, this shipment will not be taken into account.

Procedure

1.      Proceed in the same Transaction as before.

APO Menu path

1. SAP menu à Transportation Planning/Interactive Scheduling à Planning à Interactive Vehicle Scheduling

Transaction

/SAPAPO/VS01

2.      Release shipments: Mark all shipments to be released and choose .

3.      Save your results.

Result

Now the shipments will not be deleted when doing a new optimization run.

The number range of the shipment is changed from number range for temporary shipments to number range for shipments which corresponds to the number range for shipments of the SAP R/3 system.

The status of the shipment is changed from B-Planned to C-Published.

OLTP transfer of deliveries and shipments is enabled.

The status of the included orders changed.

BR

Ajay Mishra

0 Kudos

Dear Ajaya,

I am trying SAP TRA-LE. So no transferring of the Shipments id needed I feel. I am not using SAP-Transport Management just simple TRA-LE in R/3.

Is VT20 a transaction for TM??

Please help stuck on this for a long time.

Thanks and Regards

Sahil Gupte

0 Kudos

Hello Mishra,

VT20 is a standard SAP tcode, the transaction codes helpful for the execution of functionality

Below transaction codes would be helpful for you

/nse80 - Call a transaction in the same session

/*se80  - Call a transaction in the same session and skips the initial screen.

/ose80 - Call a transaction in a new session, keeping existing one     

/n        - Ends current transaction

/i         - Deletes the current session

/o        - Generate session list

/ns000 - Ends the current transaction and returns to the start menu

/nend  - Logs off SAP system

/nex    - Log off SAP system without a confirmation prompt

Regards,

Koteswararao Sakuru