Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

HDB Multiple error's - After Upgrade to Rev 56

Hi all,

I am facing different problem with SAP HANA

ERROR 1

[HDB imdbhdb 00 (SYSTEM)] Error on refreshing system

Database connection is not available. See error log for more details.

com.sap.ndb.studio.jdbc.JDBCConnectionStatus: Database connection is not available. See error log for more details.

at com.sap.ndb.studio.jdbc.JDBCPlugin.createConnection(JDBCPlugin.java:330)

at com.sap.ndb.studio.navigator.operations.SAPSystemObjectUpdate.executeTryJDBC(SAPSystemObjectUpdate.java:258)

at com.sap.ndb.studio.navigator.operations.SAPSystemObjectUpdate.execute(SAPSystemObjectUpdate.java:86)

at com.sap.ndb.studio.navigator.operations.UpdateSAPSystemOperation.execute(UpdateSAPSystemOperation.java:72)

at com.sap.ndb.studio.datamodel.controler.DataModelOperation.execute(DataModelOperation.java:70)

at com.sap.ndb.studio.datamodel.controler.DataModelOperationQueue$DataModelOperationThread.run(DataModelOperationQueue.java:99)

Caused by: com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.JDBCDriverException: SAP DBTech JDBC: Cannot connect to jdbc:sap://10.144.10.73:30015 [Cannot connect to host 10.144.10.73:30015 [Connection timed out: connect], -813.].

at com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.SQLExceptionSapDB.createException(SQLExceptionSapDB.java:219)

at com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.SQLExceptionSapDB.createException(SQLExceptionSapDB.java:203)

at com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.SQLExceptionSapDB.generateDatabaseException(SQLExceptionSapDB.java:186)

at com.sap.db.jdbc.Driver.connect(Driver.java:238)

at com.sap.ndb.studio.jdbc.JDBCPlugin$3.run(JDBCPlugin.java:642)

I have tried re-installing JDK 6 and JDK 7 also I have re-installed HANA Studio and Client Rev 56, but problem remains same.

I have also tried the steps mentioned here (Having trouble accessing your SAP HANA box through a VPN?)

ERROR 2

Compatibility Issue though my DB version and Studio Version is same.

But I am getting this error :

Please help in getting it fixed.

Regards

Kumar

Former Member replied

I think I got the same error message as you describe in 1.

When adding the system, on the final screen there's imdbhdb mentioned as server. It looked like it was trying to reach another system.

(Cannot connect to jdbc:sap://10.144.10.73:30015).

That IP address is not the elastic IP address that I associated my AWS HANA instance with and what I mapped in the hosts file. Therefore I changed imdbhdb to the elastic IP address and that solved the issue for me.

Hope this helps you.

Cheers, Roel

1 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question