cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI 7.30: Security Setting to 'Allow'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I would like to change the SAP GUI 7.30 security setting to "Allow" during the installation for all users. I don't see any option on NwSapSetupAdmin to allow the security setting to be set "ALLOW". Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Zecher
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ramesh -

This can be done on the installtion server.  Under the Add event Under the tab marked "On End Install" where you configure your GUI package, add the script:

For 64bit
NwEngine.Shell.SetRegValue "HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\SAP\SAPGUI Front\SAP Frontend Server\Security\SecurityLevel", "REG_DWORD", "0"

NwEngine.Shell.SetRegValue "HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\SAP\SAPGUI Front\SAP Frontend Server\Security\DefaultAction", "REG_DWORD", "0"

For 32 bit

NwEngine.Shell.SetRegValue "HKLM\Software\SAP\SAPGUI Front\SAP Frontend Server\Security\SecurityLevel", "REG_DWORD", "0"

NwEngine.Shell.SetRegValue "HKLM\Software\SAP\SAPGUI Front\SAP Frontend Server\Security\DefaultAction", "REG_DWORD", "0"

This information can be found in the "Installation Server Help.chm" which is in the setup folder of the installation server.  Navigate to "Administring an Installation Server / Maintaining an Installation Package / Configurng packages and Scripting events / Package Event Scripting Samples.  Select the link for "How to set a registry value"

Regards,
Zecher

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

A Problem we have noticed is that it only works if user is local admin on his Desktop

When a Domain user Logs on to the Desktop the User has to change his Default Security Setting even with it being configured on Admin Level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I write command that tell me whether is 64 or 32 bit?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

One option is to check for Registry Key "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SAP". If found, then you have a 64 bit system, 32 bit otherwise.

Below is a piece of code I use at the very beginning of my "On Installation End" script.

'

'---- Handling 32bit and 64bit Registry Differences

'

If NwEngine.Shell.RegKeyExist("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SAP") Then

strSAPRegPath = "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SAP"

else

strSAPRegPath = "HKLM\SOFTWARE\SAP"

End If

Then I can just reference the variable "strSAPRegPath" throught the script. For example:

'

'---- Branding

'

strUseBrandingRegPath      = strSAPRegPath & "\General\Appearance\UseBrandingImage"

strBrandingImageRegPath  = strSAPRegPath & "\General\Appearance\BrandingImage"

Regards,

Daniel Leal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys, Doing some testing with our users. Let you know for the outcome

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

I gave up looking for a way to pre-set this in the build.  I wound up deploying a regitry update at the tail end of my SAP GUI roll-out

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SAP\SAPGUI Front\SAP Frontend Server\Security\SecurityLevel (0)

The above mentioned one is for 32 bit systems, for 64 bit use this one:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SAP\SAPGUI Front\SAP Frontend Server\Security\SecurityLevel (0)

Regards,

Dan Mead