cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

? Question related to flow of contact person from CRM to ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are planning to maintain all the contact persons only  CRM system and we have a design question to understand what will happen to the contact persons in ECC when the order gets created in CRM and flows to ECC. Where will they update in ECC. We might need this as we may neEd to send order confirmation email to contact persons from ECC during order create for example.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Neeraj. That was very helpful.

So from hat you are saying I need to put some check that no one can manually create the contact in ECC as such and that code will consider CRM as the source system always. In the sales order created from CRM to ECC, if the contact partner gets updated in the partners tab ,then the configured output can trigger the order confirmation based on the key combinations involving contact person. Is that the right understanding?

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh Mahesh,

I will suggest to not put any ABAP check in ECC, only not give authorization of using VAP1 or VAP2 to normal user.

Contact person master VAP1 screen you will also find in Customer Master - General Data - Contact person. So Its always better to control this via process control. Contact person Master is also a part of HR master. So any ABAP check may impact this.

For Output , yes CRM contact person should gets updated in ECC Sales order partner say purchase Contact YC1 partner. Now you set your output determination in such a way that order confirmation should trigger to this partner type.

Regards

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Its all depend upon how you made your synchronization setting. In our system we maintain contact person only in ECC and synchronise it to CRM.

It means via VAP2 or via Idoc if any one maintaines contact person in ECC this gets syncronise in CRM.

I am sure same way you can also put check in your BDocs to update contact person via CRM only.

If you maintain contact person in CRM it should maintain VAP2 master in ECC. In ECC - Customer master general data contact person alsoindicate VAP2 screen.

If order gets update in CRM then CRM contact person will be converted to corresponding ecc contact person number based on setting you made and update ECC sales order with Partner tab. Your ECC partner setting should have this customization.

So you can set your ECC output trigger to  this partener type by making output type configuration.

From my experience I can only tell that in ECC, SAP is very flexible in comparison to CRM. So many changes in Contact person which is easily possible in ECC may give Bdoc error in CRM.

Regards

rahul_vishwakarma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

Follow this link : http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/CRM/Contact+person+replication+from+SAP+CRM+to+SAP+ECC

Hope this will solve your issue.

Regards,

Kundan