SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in CI_EANL structure with field of type DECIMAL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As per our client requirement i added a field with data type DECIMAL in EANL table (CI_EANL include).

While activating the EANL table  i got the error as "Enhancment category is incorrect for dependent structures EMKINSTLN & ISU07_EANL_LOGIKNR".

Current enhancment category for the structures is "Can be Enhanced (Character Type)".

I got this issue only for the fileds ​with data type as DECIMAL.

I looked for SAP notes to change the enhancment category of the structures but i didnot find any SAP notes for the same.

Is it possible to change the Enhancement category of standard SAP structures ?

Or we can never have any custom field at installation level of type DECIMAL?

Please help me with this.

Thanks in advance,

Suresh kanala

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Suresh:

Your analysis is correct.  The enhancement category is specified by SAP and cannot be changed.  It indicates the type of enhancement which can be done.  In your case probably you should create the field as a character type and then control the allowable values.

regards,

bill.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Suresh:

Your analysis is correct.  The enhancement category is specified by SAP and cannot be changed.  It indicates the type of enhancement which can be done.  In your case probably you should create the field as a character type and then control the allowable values.

regards,

bill.

former_member193464
Contributor
0 Kudos

I think the only admissible types are (C,N,D and T) so you need to somehow complete your requirement using these fields..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bill and Manoj.