cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyphenation of SE63 Translation

former_member531036
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a form that has been translated to German in SE63. When the form is rendered in German, the text fields are not hyphenating. Instead the “excess” letters just wrap to the second line. The fields were originally set as ‘Rich Text’. I changed one of the text fields from Rich Text to Plain Text and activated the form. The German text then hyphenated correctly. So I then changed all of the text fields to Plain Text and activated the form. Unfortunately, for some reason when doing this, all of the translation was lost (SE63 was not open when form changes were being made). So all of the translations were re-entered and the form re-activated. Unfortunately, there is no hyphenating AND the one field that was hyphenating correctly, no longer is. I have the “Allow hyphenation in Text and Field Captions” and “Allow Hyphenation in Text Field Values” checked in the Formatting tab of the form properties. Can anyone tell me what needs to be done to get the translation to hyphenate correctly?

Thanks!

Julie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julie,

Is your translation working correctly?  Could you please provide the screen shot of the hyphenation setting you are using.  I could not find it in 'Form Properties'. 

Thanks,

Rakesh

former_member531036
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

I'm including a screen shot of how the text is currently wrapping instead of hyphenating and a screen shot of the hyphenation options.

Thanks!

Julie

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

I could not see Hyphenation on my properties.  But, I guess, you could solve your problem by dynamically adjusting font size based on selected language.  if language = 'German', then reduce font size by 1 or 0.5 accordingly.  I could see, the word lengths are bit more in German.    This should fix the problem. 

Thanks,

Rakesh

former_member531036
Participant
0 Kudos

I don't think that would solve my issue. We want to translate several documents and reducing the font size by a specified amount may not fix the issue for all of the text fields. There may be some text fields that are long enough that reducing the font may make it illegible. I am hoping for a more dynamic approach, which is why I'd like to get the hyphenation working properly.

Thanks!

Julie

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julie,

Try OSS note - 1294146. 

--

Rakesh

former_member531036
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

We have reviewed the OSS note and it doesn't appear to address our issue. I have raised a message with SAP concerning this to see if they have an answer.

Thanks!

Julie

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks for the update Julie.  Please let me know the solution, what SAP offers.  

--

Rakesh

former_member531036
Participant
0 Kudos

I've heard back from SAP and found that hyphenation functionality is supported with NW720 ADS

(and higher) + Designer 9.0 (and higher) onwards. So you must have this combination of landscape to use automatic hyphenation. I also had to change the form locale and set hyphenation to hyphenate all. Hope this helps someone else having hyphenation issues.

Thanks!

Julie

diego_santos
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Solution provided to Julie was:

Hyphenation functionality is supported with NW720 ADS (and higher) + Designer 9.0 (and higher).

I've found your thread.

Regards,

Diego

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update Diego.

--

Rakesh