cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG-F Filter drop down values based on some rules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

MDG-F Screens (Data Model 0G) are based on feeder class 'CL_USMD_ENTITY_VALUE2_PROXY'. May I know what object to change to limit the drop down values for a field?

Also if I have implemented an ABAP based search help (se11 search help) and want to pass some parameters to Search help function module exit to limit its output list, how can I do it from MDG?

Many Thanks in advance

regards

Pranav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Pranav,

if I have implemented an ABAP based search help (se11 search help)

and want to pass some parameters to Search help function module e

xit to limit its output list, how can I do it from MDG?

I think, you can do this my maintaining the search help in respective entity type, and if this needs to be associated with a attribute of entity type then you can navigate to attributes section of entity type.

One important note over here is that you can assign search help at entity levelonly for SU type 1,2,3.

Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

That is what I have done. The issue is that the when that search help gets executed, the control doesn't pass through UI BADI implementation methods. I am trying to pass some parameters to Search help function module exit which will filter the output for me.

Regards

Pranav

alespad
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav , did you solve it?

I've the same problem... IF_EX_USMD_UI_EVENT2~PROCESS_VALUE_HELP not triggered with a custom search help assigned to an entity attribute.

Is there any chance to use the badi instead of "export/import parameters"?

Thank you

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

do you really need the search help? To restrict the list of possible values you can use  IF_EX_USMD_UI_EVENT2~PROCESS_VALUE_HELP. There you have to fill the exporting parameter ET_SELECTION with the values you want to provide in the value help. Works fine.

BR,

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pranav,

UI adjustments can be supported by implementing the following BAdI USMD_UI_EVENT2. This BAdI has a method called MODIFY_VIEW . Here you can do the UI adjustments.

Best Regards,

Vinoth

Former Member
0 Kudos

The UI BADI USMD_UI_EVENT2 Implementation doesn't get called in case of se11 based search help associated with Entity or Attribute.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you look at the documentation?

BAdI: Adjust User Interface for Single Processing

Use

This Business Add-In (BAdI) is used in the Master Data Governance (CA-MDG) component.

You can use this BAdI to modify the user interface in single processing of an entity. You can customize the user interface as follows:

Adjust the definition of attributes or add new attributes

Initialize the displayed data (when creating a new entity, for example)

Restrict the values displayed in a dropdown box or selection field group

Restrict the values displayed in the input help

Dynamically control the visibility of fields on the user interface and of the property that determines if fields are required or display-only

Define navigation destinations of UI elements of the type hyperlink (or pushbutton)

Check if the lead selection of a table may be changed

Look into the method

IF_EX_USMD_UI_EVENT2~PROCESS_VALUE_HELP    Restrict Selection for Input Help

IF_EX_USMD_UI_EVENT2~GET_ATTR_VALUE_SET    Restrict Selection for Dropdown List/Selection Field Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

The scenario is that I have created a SE11 based search help and assigned the search help to my Entity attributes of Data Model. Now I observed that when i click on search help button, the control doesn't go to UI BADI method 'IF_EX_USMD_UI_EVENT2~PROCESS_VALUE_HELP'. While for the other fields that have default search helps, the control passes via UI BADI Extension. I do not know why.

However, in the method IF_EX_USMD_UI_EVENT2~PROCESS_VALUE_HELP, what object do you change to update the drop down list?

Regards

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Look into the BAdI: Adjust User Interface for Single Processing