cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppliers cannot display cFolders collaboration scenarios

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

We are on SRM 7.02 with ECC 6.05, and we are using cFolders for collaborative documentation during the quotation, that last was already configured on my client.

We are having problems when using suppliers and we try to display the collaboration scenario, there is no link anywhere and no idea how to make it vissible for suppliers in the WD.

I am new with SRM and cFolders, could you help me understand why it is not vissible?

Best Regards,

Thank you

Helen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Helen

cFolders in collaboration scenarios works this way:

*Purchaser can create the collaborative room in the RFx (Public space) where the purchaser can creates folders and files and set authorizations (depending the role given) for everyone invited to the bidding process.

*Purchaser can create new Work Areas (belonging to the collaborative room)

*Supplier/Bidder can create a collaborative area (new Work Area) in the Quotation (which will be linked to the RFx) to exchange files and data just between the Supplier/Bidder and Purchaser. This will be private.

So Suppliers/Bidders will be accessing cFolders rooms directly from the RFx or Quotation, in the tab "Notes and Attachments".

If you need just to give access only to cFolders (like a new menu), you will need to create an iView in Enterprise Portal and assign it to supplier role. This is quite easy and will mean no challenge to a Portal consultant.

Hop you find this helpful

Kind regards,

Martín

former_member208244
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Adding some pointers, cFolders only can be accessed for registered suppliers.

Do registration in the iView and it will be refreshed updating data.

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

cfolders can only be accessed if you are using two envelope bidding

in single envelope the link will not be enabled

rgds,

Hitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hitesh

What do you mean with that? cFolders is not a technical bid respose, but it can be used for that.

Hi Martin, thank you so much!

I found the collaborative scenario after registration to cFolders in the documentation tab!

Regards

Helen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Helen,

Incase you opt for two bid tendering, system in standard gives you the option of cfolders via (technical rfx button)

but yes via new iview creation & assigning it to supplier role makes it available for supplier.

Rgds,

Hitesh