Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPMon - Threshold values not available for monitoring objects

christian_swonke
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

we are working on an project to monitor business processes by business process monitoring via SAP Solution Manager.

For our demo process we choose the order to cash process.

We configured everthing necessary between our SAP SolMan and the managed SAP system. The connection is working well.

Also we maintained a solution and a business process scenario.

Now we tried to configure the first alerts for differnt kind of key figures depending on monitor KPSD000100 (technical name KPSD0001).

For example we used:

KPSD000105

KPSD000106

Now we have the problem that it is not possible to define theshold values for the key figures (red alert, yellow alert).

The columns are missing in our system:

Also it is not possible to add the missing colums by changing the layout.

We checked the SAP user guide. There are the columns descriped:

So we receive at the moment only green alert...

Can anybody help or explain what is wrong?

Is there any kind of customizing or additional package missing?

Regards

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christian_swonke
Participant
0 Kudos

Our system hoster updated the SAP Solution Manager to SolMan 7.1 with SP5...

Also the necessary AddOns are updated to the newest releases.

Now it works fine. Also we have a lot of new functionalities.

Regards

Christian

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

did you already re-load the ST-A/PI information from the backend system? Perhaps your ST-A/PI release changed in-between and perhaps your SAP Solution Manager wasn't made aware that a new release with new key figure definitions is available on the SAP ERP system.

Perhaps you also need to re-initialize the setup environment (can be found in the header menu)?!

Kind Regards

Volker

christian_swonke
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

what do you exactly mean with reload?

I have reload the monitor objects from the managed system to the SolMan.

But it does not help...

How can I reinitialize the setup enviroment? which transaction? I can not find sometihng in the menue?

0 Kudos

Hi,

you go via "Session components" and then "Re-initialize" in the Setup environment. After that the whole session looks initial. But if you click on the different nodes the data and green ticks re-appear.

Kind Regards

Volker

christian_swonke
Participant
0 Kudos

I have re-initalized the system. Two times.

But it still doesn't work.

I have also load the monitor objects again from the managed system. Also nothing happend...

Could it be maybe a problem with missing authorizations?

We found a SAP node where describes exactly our problem: SAP node 1126634

The first symptom is exactly the same but we are working on a newer release.

Regards

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check the layout button and add the additional colounms from there.

Thanks

Jansi

christian_swonke
Participant
0 Kudos

That was one of the first things we tried.

It looks like

if we choose the "empty columns" nothin happens. We can not insert values and we save the monitor the colums are gone

also if we do a double click on the counter to customize the parameters it looks like:

The descriptions of the single parametes is missing

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian

Could you check whether your are working with BPMon setup area under the business process note.

if you try to setup the monitor under the logical component, that menas, you try to setup monitor for business process analytics. In case of business process analytics, it is not related to alerting. So threshold setting is not display.

So to configure the monitoring, you need to configure the monitor under some business process.

if above point is not related to your case, please let me know the support package level and your solman release (ST & ST-SER ).

best regards

Keiji Mishima

christian_swonke
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Keiji,

We have defined a logical component but also a business process. I try to send you a screen shot of our process structure but right now the system is not available.

In the meantime we found a old SAP node where describes the same/a similar problem: 1126634

It depends on a older release (SAP ST-SER 700_2007_1) and we are working already on ST-SER 700_2010_1).

I have checked the support packes on the SolMan and also on our managed system:

SolMan:

ST: SAPKITL704 --> should be ok

ST-SER: SAPKITLOSB --> should be ok

ST-PI: SAPKITLRD5 --> there is a newer one available: SAPKITLRD06

ST-A/PI: SAPKITAS1H --> should be ok

Managed System

ST-PI: SAPKITLRD7 --> thenewest one is SAPKITLRE7

ST-A/PI: SAPKITAR7H --> there is a newer one SAPKITAS1H but this is marked as obsolet

Regards

Christian

christian_swonke
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have made a screen shot for you:

We are not working on the logical component! We are working on the business process part...