cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for xMII and MES integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am looking for xMII and MES integration.What are the standards and possible solutions.

If any body have some information, please share with us.

Thanks in advance

Swati

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swati

MES (Manufacturing Execution System) undertands B2MML (Business to MAnufacturing Markup Language).

B2MML is defined As per ISA-95 standard.It have format for all type of business requirements like for production schedule, production response ,Maintenance etc.

So from MES side data comes in B2MML format and in xMII we have to convert this B2MML format in xMII XML format first than other BLS action can be applied.

For example we get Production Request in form of iDOC and using BLS transactions we can push data in B2MML format.

MES gets Production Request B2MML and generates Production Response from plant side and send back Production Response again in B2MML format to xMII.

I have done in this way.

Please let me know if you need more

Best Regards

Ramshanker Upadhyay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram

It is really interesting.

I will explorer this way and will take your help surely.

Thanks a lot

Swati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Can you please tell me how to configure the IDOC in SAP ERP and also in xMII for the Production Order (or Production Request). Also where can i find the information about various IDOCs in SAP

Thanks & Regards,

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Ram.

You might also want to consider the upcoming OAG implementation of S95 as well - very similar to B2MML.

Best regards,

Rick Bullotta

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Swati,

You have different MES systems and the integration scenerio depends on the MES system that you have chosen.

There a detailed thread on this, preferrably you have knowledge on MES this link will be very useful

Some MES systems are web ensbled and it is possible that you can receive information from them by web services...

Hope this helps,

Ajitha

Message was edited by:

Ajitha