Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having issue running ABAP Webdynpro with Chrome

wayne_villon
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Our company is trying to move to ABAP WEBDYNPRO for travel management using enhancement functionality related to FIN_TRAVEL_1(EHP2) & FIN_TRAVEL_2(EHP4). So we're simply @ earlier stages but are encountering issues running any ABAP WEBDYNPRO services via SICF on our SAP ERP 6.0 EHP5(@ SPS22 level) with NetWeaver 7.02 SPS15.

So as soon as we tested any of the FITV* services in SICF within CHROME(we're running 27.0.1453.94 - So the latest greatest version) and we always get the following error:

Error while processing your query

What has happened?

The URL call https://torlners.cbc.ca:8001/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/fite_express_expenses was terminated because of an error.

Note
  • The following error occurred in system D13 : This browser is not supported
  • The error occurred on application server torlners_D13_00 and in work process 8 .
  • The termination type was: ERROR_MESSAGE_STATE
  • The ABAP call stack was:
    Method: CLIENT_INSPECTOR_CREATE_CLIENT of program CL_WDR_CLIENT_ABSTRACT_HTTP===CP
    Method: IF_HTTP_EXTENSION~HANDLE_REQUEST of program CL_WDR_MAIN_TASK==============CP
    Method: EXECUTE_REQUEST of program CL_HTTP_SERVER================CP
    Function: HTTP_DISPATCH_REQUEST of program SAPLHTTP_RUNTIME
    Module: %_HTTP_START of program SAPMHTTP

What can I do?

• If the termination type is RABAX_STATE, you will find more information on the cause of termination in system D13 in transaction ST22.
  • If the termination type is ABORT_MESSAGE_STATE, you will find more information on the cause of termination on the application server torlners_D13_00 in transaction SM21.
  • If the termination type is ERROR_MESSAGE_STATE, you can search for further information in the trace file for the work process 8 in transaction ST11 on the application server. torlners_D13_00 . You may also need to analyze the trace files of other work processes.
  • If you do not yet have a user ID, contact your system adminmistrator.

Error Code: ICF-IE-https -c: 100 -u: VILLONW -l: E -s: D13 -i: torlners_D13_00 -w: 8 -d: 20130606 -t: 075422 -v: ERROR_MESSAGE_STATE -e: This browser is not supported -X: 005056BD01C91EE2B3D3FA84FCFED6F7_005056BD01C91EE2B3D3FA84FB2536F7_1 -x: 51B0439D6C30263BE1000000019B10B9

HTTP 500 - Internal Server Error

Your SAP Internet Communication Framework Team

We then run this same ABAP WebDynpro service in IE 8,9 & Firefox/Mozilla v21.0 without issues. We proceeded with adding in the user agent addon to CHROME called "Ultimate User Agent Switcher" and used emulation of other browser versions and it functions. As soon as we set it back to CHROME default or even we also notice same issue when using IE 10 user agent in CHROME. We've search plenty of forums and have yet to find a solution to our issue? Does anyone have suggestions of related SAP OSS notes that might help solve this issue. We do not want to have to goto latest SPS level on backend of our ERP system as this is a large task with requirements for full integration testing of our entire SAP application.

PS: Please note it's not just FIT* services in SICF but all ABAP WEBDYNPRO services have issue using CHROME.

Thanks,

Wayne Villon

Canadian Broadcasting Corporation.

Basis team lead

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wayne,

You need to check PAM for browser support. It is not specific to the applications you are running but system specific in relation to web dynpro.

Please see the discussion I had here on similar issue where I point where to look: http://scn.sap.com/message/14085891

If you still have issue please let me know.

Br Jan

wayne_villon
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Thanks as this is what I was suspecting but is there not some other way like unified rendering(OSS note 1633476 & 1633482 which are specific to ABAP WD) or some other OSS notes to apply specifically to support the constant updates of these browsers(Firefox & Chrome). There hopefully is a better way to support these browsers other then always having to implementing latest SPS in ECC backend. We're @ 7.02 @ SP8 level with SAP_AP SPS 22.

Browse updates on rapid cycle updates that both Chrome & Firefox adhere to is making it near to impossibly to always constantly have to update back-end to latest SPS levels every time a newer version of these browsers are released. Are there any other suggestions on what other options might be available to SAP customers in general that I'm sure SAP is struggling to support as well as I'm sure other software vendors are facing as well?

Thanks,

Wayne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wayne,

I used to think that the unified rendering notes were enough to raise support for new browsers. My experience is they can help but you are only guaranteed support if you are on the SP level SAP state in PAM. This has been confirmed to me by SAP. But I agree this is not a good situation for us as adding an SP in our organization is not just something you do on a regular basis...

Instead we try to control roll out of new browser version and compatibility mode can sometimes help as well.

If you find a way to stay updated without applying SP please let me know

BR Jan

wayne_villon
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Jan,

If we do find a way I'll definitely let you know.

All the best,

Wayne

jozsef_hegyi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Wayne

you can try to apply the latest UR version but the officialy support is given from the SP which is mentioned on PAM.

Best regards

Jozsef