cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Account Key NAV and NVV in T-Code OBCN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

What is the difference between Account key NAV and NVV. Where should I use NAV and where NVV.

Please explain me in details where should I use these Account key and how it will work.

Please give your valuable inputs,

Thanks & Regards,

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

Please find difference between the two transaction Keys as below:

NAV: Input tax not deductible and not assignable:

Not deductible:  a posting on a separate account is created for the input tax amount.

Not assignable:  a possible account assignment from the G/L account line is not transferred to the tax line.

Transaction key 2

- NVV: Input tax not deductible and assignable:

No separate line item is created for the tax amount. The tax amount not deductible is added to the G/L account line subject to tax. In case of several G/L account lines the tax amount is added to the particular positions proportionately.

Former Member
0 Kudos

NAV is a non deductible input tax account key set to post to a separate P&L account.  If you use NAV and make the rules tax code specific, then you have to specifiy a tax expense account in FTXP.

For NVV, there is no account to specify.  The tax expense will be added to the same account as the PO line.

You can use these key in your tax procedure such as TAXUS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for reply.

Thanks & Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Where should I use NVV and where should I use NAV. And where should I use deductible account key.

Is NVV is applicable for CST/LST for input tax?

Please guide me,

Thanks & regards,

Sandeep

former_member188028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Normally these two used when the tax code has partly non deductable portion.

so the non deductable portion will be allocated expense/revenue line item if you use NAV

If you use NVV the non deductable portion will be displayed in a separate line item.