Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baseline Best Practices - System Landscape Qns

former_member323185
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We installed Baseline Best Practices add-on in the Dev system. As part of the BP setup, we need to activate Business Fuctions in client 000 using tcode SFW5. For our QA system, do we also need to activate the Business Functions there?

SAP recommendation for Baseline BP is to install the add-on in the Dev system but not in the QAS or PRD. Can configuration changes in Dev system be transported to QAS and PRD system if Business Functions are not activated in those systems?

Rdgs,

Lim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Lim,

SAP note 1564115 will provide a general answer to your question.

1564115 - Deployment of SAP Best Practices

Let me answer your specific questions.

1. You need to install the required Add-Ons (BP-SOLBLD, BP-ERP) only once in a system, but not in Quality and not in Production (as these systems are connected to the Development system via transport system). The settings done during the activation are client specific in most cases, just a few are cross client (like logical system) depending on the properties of the related customizing object/activity.

2. You don't need to install the SAP Best Practices Add-Ons and activate the business content in Quality and Production system as the required content will be provided via the transport system tools (TMS), or client copies.

Thank You.

Regards,

Deepika

former_member323185
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepika,

Thanks for your answer. My understanding is that when business functions are activated in SFW5, there might be additional fields created in database tables. If we do not repeat SFW5 in QAS (which I agreed with you we should not), wouldn't the table structures between Dev and QAS become inconsistent? That would pose a problem during import of transport requests wouldn't it?

Rdgs

Answers (0)