Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FireFighter Issue(unable to login into SAP)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Security Guru's,

I have created FFID(user type SERVICE) and update the details in FFID table also.

When user is loging through fire fighter it does not open new session for him, he is unable to login into SAP system.

Please let me know how to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Purna

5 REPLIES 5

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

For all sorts of "logon problems to ABAP systems" kindly refer to the analysis approach described in <a href="https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/495911">SAP Note 495911</a>. For obvious reasons debugging is not possible (prior to successful authentication) but tracing is a good alternative. The trace contains all information which is required to analyse the problem (of course, the trace does not contain any plaintext passwords, though).

Regards, Wolfgang

0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

Thanks for your reply.

I think it's not related to SAP note.

If I assign another role with VFAT role user is able to login, as per the SOD's and SOX we don't assign another role to that perticuler user.

Thanks

Purna

0 Kudos

Authorizations have no impact on authentication - a missing authorization cannot lead to a failed authentication (authentication takes place prior to the assignment of authorizations and thus prior to any authorization checks).

Maybe you got irritated by some statements like "user is not authorized" which sometimes is also displayed when access is denied due to a failed authentication.

0 Kudos

Hi All,

to connect in a target system as FF-ID you need a RFC Connection to the target system. dont forget to select this connection in FireFighter Configurations. basicly the RFC user create a connection to SAP System and not FF-ID.

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Puma,

you did go through all the steps in FF configuration, and assign appropriate authorizations to the user? The FF roles have been generated?

It's hard to see the reason without looking at the configuration - I suggest you open a message and have support look into your machine.

Frank.