Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File monitoring error in BPMon

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured BPMon in my Solman 7.1 SP08 and have the latest ST PI - A/PI components installed. I want to do file monitoring in BPMon but when I am configuring the file monitor and doing a validation check I get an error

"RFC System Failure / Type conflict when calling a function module (field length)"

I have gone through the note 1267908 and have assigned the required roles to the read RFC user in the managed system. But still I am getting this error and so the file monitoring is not working.

Can anybody suggest a solution to it and how can the "Type conflict when calling a function module (field length)" troubleshooted.

Regards,

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal

The error looks related to the note 1703220.         But Note 1703220 is required when your ST-A/PI is P. In your post, you mentioned you have latest ST-A/PI. Does this mean, your managed system (not solman) has ST-A/PI version Q SP1 (This is latest version) ?

If your managed system (backend system like ERP) has ST-A/PI P, please try note 1703220.

Best Regards

Keiji Mishima

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Keiji,

I have ST-A/PI component P. I saw the note but the error described was differenso I didnt apply that note.However I have not seen the ABAP dump. I check and apply

Thanks

Vishal

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Keiji,

I applied the note on the managed system and then loaded the ST-A/PI content for that managed system in the BPMon configuration. No I am not getting that error.

Regards,

Vishal

Answers (0)