SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Article extension to large number of sites

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working for a client who has more than 2500 stores across the country. When I create an article, I use the reference DC and Store for maintaining the Logistics data. When I raise a PO for one of the stores, I get this "Article 3293 not maintained in XXXX". If I maintain the site specific data for the article, then I am able to raise a PO.

(Without a customised program for extension) It is impossible to maintain the site data for all the 2500 stores. I tried the REFSITE for reference sites to maintain Logistics and Replenishment Data too... but still no luck.

Can anybody help me in this regard where with minimal maintanence I can use the article for larger number of stores.

Regards,

Karthik

Error message as follows:-

Article 3293 not maintained in site 1007

Message no. M3351

Diagnosis

No material master data exists for material 3293 in plant 1007. This may be for one of the following reasons:

• You have not yet created any data for the material at this plant level.
    In this case, create the plant data by maintaining material master record 3293 from the Purchasing, MRP, or Storage view.
  • The material is a planned material, that is, the data has been scheduled for this plant level for a future point in time.
    In this case, you can display the planned changes for the material.

Procedure

Make sure your entries are correct.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

You have to extend the article with the stores in MM42, list the articles to the assortments and post which you can create a PO.

- As you have 2500 stores, you have to run LSMW to extend the article to the stores.

- You can run Mass Listing using the T Code WSM3 whereby the article will be listed to the General Assortments and the Assorment users (Sites) can be linked to your General Assortments in WSOA2.

Hope this will help you!

Regards,

Seshadri.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

former_member189773
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Have you listed the articles in the sites?

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

You have to extend the article with the stores in MM42, list the articles to the assortments and post which you can create a PO.

- As you have 2500 stores, you have to run LSMW to extend the article to the stores.

- You can run Mass Listing using the T Code WSM3 whereby the article will be listed to the General Assortments and the Assorment users (Sites) can be linked to your General Assortments in WSOA2.

Hope this will help you!

Regards,

Seshadri.