cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adjust the query in visual composer automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently we are using the visual composer for SAP IP purpose so we are keep on changing the query because of that we are building VC forms again .Is there any option to adjust the visual composer for respective changes of query.

Regards

RK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member202465
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

For most Data Service types you could start by: right click => Reload Component. Then you continue from step 2. below.

For BI Query - if you drag it from the search panel:

1. Drag from the search panel the updated query over the old one:

2. Mind the conflicts, check to add new fields on the relevant nodes.

3. Choose if you want to propagate changes to connected elements on the model, and if also to add or remove respective controls (if not, then only fields are updated).

4. Check out the updated connected elements, such as Form View.

Hope it helps you,

Udi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply  and i will update you on this issue.

Regards

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is solution very helpful me  and please tell me is there any option suppose i changed the BI query properties like change the sum etc it should be automatically adjust the VC instead of rebuilding the VC forms.

Regards

RK

former_member202465
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

I hope I understood correctly - you want to expose changes to the BI without needing to edit the UI.

In general it's possible to apply the changes to connected elements like above. However, such changes my require additional editing, for example:

- A removed control created a gap in a Form

- A new control is added below other fields and you want it elsewhere on the Form.

Such things the VC Studio doesn't apply so the modeler have to be involved.

Thanks,

Udi

Answers (0)