cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Account Key on Condition Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do all condition types have to have an account key?

My client has the following pricing:

10  List Price (ZWLP)

20  - Scale Discount (ZWBD)

30  = Bracket Price

They are loading scale discounts by material..so I thought it would be easier to just load the Bracket Price directly instead of doing a calculation (it also allows for easier downloading of pricing data for price lists and all). So proposed procedure is:

10  List Price (ZWLP)

20  Bracket Price (kicks in when order quantity is more than 500 and deactivates list) (ZWBP)

30  = Gross Price

But accounting has a requirement that they want to see List Price in a G/L and the Scale Discount in a G/L. I can handle this via account key and making scale discount statistical (and adding a formula to calculate the different). But they do NOT want to see Bracket Price in a G/L. So I just didn't assign an account key to Bracket Price condition.

But I'm getting an account determination error on billing and i believe it's because there's no account key on the Bracket Price (ZWBP).

Any thoughts on bypassing this issue?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

A/c key is not a mandatory in pricing procedure.

But If the condition type is have a value and its not statistical then A/c key is mandatory.

As per my understanding ,if your Bracket price is just for calculation purpore and FI is not want to see it in any GL, then by putting the ZWBP as staistical will solve the issue.

If you have some more complexity in your pricing procedure to achive a certain pricing then please post your full pricing procedure so that We can give u more accurate solutions.

Regards

Amrit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some folks on the thread are saying that a/c key is optional for non-statistical condition types.

If I mark ZWBP as statistical,  it no longer contributes to the end price:

I want the Total subtotal to be $16.74 (value of $8370). Since I made ZWBP statistical, it no longer contributes to the final price.

What I want is:

• ZWBP to be 'active' in the final price calculation
  • I don't want ZWBP to post to a G/L
  • I want ZWBD (which is ZWLP minus ZWBP) to post to a G/L.

I believe only way to do this is to mark ZWBP as statistical and then put a formula on Gross Price subtotal line to copy the ZWBP value and then proceed with remaining calculations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

I dont understand your remark that "If I mark ZWBP as statistical,  it no longer contributes to the end price"

again from your concept you are saying  "I believe only way to do this is to mark ZWBP as statistical"

Amit, if you make any condition type statistical it will perform the same role to achive your desired price but i will be in Yellow mode and will not hit any GL a/c.

You can make the ZWBP as statistical and test you will get the same price.

In no option you can proceed with the option you have suggested  "mark ZWBP as statistical and then put a formula on Gross Price subtotal line to copy the ZWBP value and then proceed with remaining calculations."

Regards

AG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you see the screen shot I sent in my reply, ZWBP was marked as statistical (as you suggested) and the condition amount determined was $16.74 and value was $8,370. 

However, the final price of this material is $8,500 (look at the 'Total' subtotal line after the tax condition).

What I'm saying is that if I mark ZWBP as statistical then the system uses it only for informational purposes just like VPRS and ZWBP's price does not get used as the final price of the material. Instead the non-statistical ZWLP is being used. That's why final price is $8,500 instead of the desired $8,370.

Hence based on my requirements (i.e. ZWBP needs to be the final price AND not hit G/L), the only possible solution seems to be to use a formula to ensure the final price is $8,370.

kalyan_mokirala
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

It is not necessary to assign account key in the pricing. For example in the standard RVA001, for PDIF condition type we don't have any access sequence.

Check the revenue account determination--- > Define and assign account keys section along with pricing procedure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

PDIF does have an account key of ERS - it just doesn't have an access sequence and I am not inquiring about whether a condition can have an access sequence or not.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit,

I believe only way to do this is to mark ZWBP as statistical and then put a formula on Gross Price subtotal line to copy the ZWBP value and then proceed with remaining calculations.

Your basic idea might satisfy your requirement.

In the pricing procedure, addition to making ZWBP as statistical,

in the step with Gross Price, make use of Field From (the step of ZWBP).

This way a formula would not be necessary to get the value of ZWPB to step Gross Price; thereafter you can continue with further computation.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit,

Adding another comment -

Some folks on the thread are saying that a/c key is optional for non-statistical condition types.

In pricing procedure, field account key is optional (no matter if the condition type is statistical or not).

The might be an issue during the Account determination stage; if proper set up is not done (i.e. configuration and condition records are not set up).

Former Member
0 Kudos

So if a non-statistical condition doesn't need an account key, then does it still need to post to a G/L through another access?

When I look at the account determination analysis on the invoice, ZWBP is there:

I assigned a generic G/L account (access level 50) but I do not want ZWBP to post to a G/L. I believe this is not possible as long as ZWBP is non-statistical, correct?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit,

Yes! That is correct!

(Pricing) Condition types with value have to be posted to G/L accounts.

Condition types which are statistical, these values are not "considered" (in other words these values are just for informational purposes)

To create a condition record with account key, in Account determination is a matter of business requirement and configuration.

If in determining G/L account, the account key places no role; then in the configuration (condition table) and in the maintenance of condition record account key is not required. Therefore in the pricing procedure, for that condition type, the field account key can be left blank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great thank you...I understand now.

So to summarize this thread:

• non-statistical conditions with a value must post to a G/L. You can either use Account Key to do this (and setup an access with account key in it in VKOA) or some other access..but bottom line is that they must post to a G/L else you'll get account determination error.
  • statistical conditions do not post to G/L unless you set them up with accrual flag (in V/06 config) - see rebate configuration as sample
  • statistical conditions are purely informational and their value is not used to determine the net price/value

My requirement was to post a statistical condition to G/L and prevent posting of a non-statistical condition to G/L - which is opposite of what standard SAP provides.

The way I have solved this is as follows (see pricing procedure screen shot further above):

1. Make ZWLP (list price) statistical (e.g. $17)
  2. Post ZWBP (bracket price) to ERL (e.g. $16.74)
  3. Create ZWBR (bracket discount revenue) and put formula to get ZWLP minus ZWBP and post to ERL (e.g. $0.26)
  4. Use ZWBD (bracket discount) to be 100% discount against ZWBR and post to ERS (e.g. -$0.26)

From accounting perspective, they see ERL to be $17 and ERS to be $0.26 and from a pricing maintenance perspective, we store prices instead of discounts in the system.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit,

Is your "requirement" changing?

In an earlier post you wrote: ZWBP do not post to a G/L account

What I want is:

• ZWBP to be 'active' in the final price calculation
  • I don't want ZWBP to post to a G/L
  • I want ZWBD (which is ZWLP minus ZWBP) to post to a G/L.

In the last post you wrote: ZWBP should be posted to a G/L account

The way I have solved this is as follows (see pricing procedure screen shot further above):

3. Create ZWBR (bracket discount revenue) and put formula to get ZWLP minus ZWBP and post to ERL (e.g. $0.26)
  4. Use ZWBD (bracket discount) to be 100% discount against ZWBR and post to ERS (e.g. -$0.26)
Former Member
0 Kudos

So the business requirement is to have list price hit ERL and bracket discount hit ERS. So that has never changed.

When I started the thread, my requirement (which was more of a technical requirement) was to have ZWLP hit ERL, ZWBP (bracket price) not hit any G/L and ZWBD (bracket discount) hit ERS. I was thinking I could simply have ZWBP to be non-statistical (and not have account key against it) and mark ZWBD be statistical (and have account key against it) and everything will work.

But through the course of this thread discussion, I realized this is opposite of what SAP does and since then have modified my pricing design as indicated above. The revised design still achieves my business requirement.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit,

If you want list price to find a G/L account then why not make ZWBP as statistical (instead of - achieving this requirement of list price to a G/L account by - ZWLP and then addition that with the value of ZWBR)?

In accounting document, by having ZWLP as non statistical, you shall have one entry as the list price

Now, in the accounting document, you shall have two records one with ZWBP and the other with ZWBR (both with account key ERL)

I think currently you are taking a "round about way".

You could very well make ZWBP (list price) as non statistical and with minor changes, satisfy the requirement.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit,

From reading your original post, I understand that it is a issue related to Accounting!

But I'm getting an account determination error on billing and i believe it's because there's no account key on the Bracket Price (ZWBP).

In the pricing procedure, the field Account key (for a condition type) is not mandatory. It is an optional field.

If you want to post the value of this condition type to a different G/L the best way would be to have a different account key (than giving for condition type ZWLP). Thereafter create the necessary "condition record" for accounting in VKOA, so that this amount shall go to a different G/L account.

If you want to keep the field account key blank, for the bracket price condition type (which is not advised / recommended), then in Account determination do the required configuration -

Create a condition table without field Account key

Create the condition record (in VKOA)

Then (without account key) the value shall be posted to the G/L account.

If you feel that I have not completely addressed the issue, please explain the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not want ZWLP to hit G/L. If I setup a condition table w/o account key and create record, then ZWLP will still hit G/L which accounting folks don't want.

Just curious, why is not recommended/advised to leave account key blank on a condition type?

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amit,

In your pricing procedure Tcode-V/08 please check the statistical check box and remove the accural value if maintained any and then try to run the cycle. This will resolve the issue.

Thanks...

Sumeet Sah

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make the Bracket condition type as Statistical and in the condition type V/06 also remove ACCURAL indicator if anything set againt your Bracket condition type

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need bracket condition to calculate towards the final price of the line. If I make it statistical, it will not be used towards calculating the final price correct?

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amit,  Then I belive this is not possible in standard SAP, you need to use some routine for this.  Thanks  Sumeet Sah

Former Member
0 Kudos

if this is statistical, you final price should have a condition type that adds it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure ZWBP in pricing procedure has the Statistics check box ticked.