SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Account Relationship and Payments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends....

I have assigned two business partners to one contract account, one as an account holder and other one as Guarantor (Spouse).  Now the Guarantor become the account holder due to the financial changes in the family.

I would request expert suggestions on this following issues:

1.)    1.) Will it possible to change to relationship from Guarantor to Account Holder and Account holder to Guarantor?

2.)    2.) Whats the best way or method to receive the payments from the secondary person (Guarantor) when account holder is not able to make the payment?

Thank you in advance

Chinna

8 REPLIES 8

former_member193025
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chinna,

You can change the relationship in t.code CAA2 then go to account relation tab change from existing to required relationship but before it the relationship should be existed or added in your implementation settings for related to account relationship.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks,

Cherry.

0 Kudos

Thank Cherry for your email. I did create two relationships one is Account holder and second one is Guarantor, But once you assign the relationship, it will not allow to change them.... for example:

BP1: 10001

BP2: 20001

CA: 50001, Assign 10001 as Account Holder and 20001 as Guarator. Now my situation is, guaranter become account holder....system is not allowing to make changes to the relationship. Is there a way, where you can make changes to the account relationship?

Thank you,

Chinna

0 Kudos

I will reframe my question:

I have assigned two business partners to one contract account, one as an account holder and other one as Guarantor (Spouse).  Now the spouse becomes the account holder due to the financial changes in the family.

I would request your suggestions or solution on these following issues:

1.)    Is there a way to make changes to the account relationship from Guarantor (Spouse) to Account Holder and Account holder to Guarantor (Spouse)?. Current process is not allowing to make changes once its assigned.

2.)    Now spouse is responsible for payments and provided spouse bank information for pre authorized payments. Is there a better way to take the payments instead of using alternative payer?

Thank you in advance

Chinna

former_member193025
Participant
0 Kudos

0 Kudos

this will help to find the contract account relationship.

Thanks,

cherry.

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chinna,

(a) Go to the following SPRO config node

IMG-->Financial Accounting--->Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable--->Basic Functions--->Contract Accounts--->Contract Account Relationships-->Define Contract Account/Business Partner Relationships

Here, check the Account holder tick for both account holder as well as Guarantor and press save.

Once you have done that, make the changes in the contract account master data bu changing the account relation field under general data tab.

Once you have made the changes, revert back the changes that you have made in the above configurations.

(b) If solution in point (a) works fine, this will automatically be taken care-off..

Hope it helps....

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Sorry guys....I was away from this issue. I am back now.....Thank you Amlan for your response. Let me try and get back to you.

Thank you,

Chinna

former_member193025
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chinna,

Our expert Amlan is right follow that and tell is it working or not.

Thanks,

Cherry