cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken SOAP envelope - Contact Person not created in ABAP end

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have configured RFx scenario in SRM  7.0 sandbox system.

I am able to create Bidder contact person from portal using existing SU01 id, however, when I try to create contact person directly (w/o SU01 id), the system does not create user in ABAP end. The user is created in portal & mail also triggered.

I get warning stating "SPML Service returned the broken SOAP envelope" & consequently the bidder contact person is not able to access the portal link. I have attached the error screenshot.

I have done all settings as per http://help.sap.com/SCENARIOS_BUS2008/helpdata/EN/8b/7572994153477e9486f4e88ad45d36/content.htm

I am not a core technical person, hence can someone give any pointers/documents/links on how to troubleshoot this ?

Your help is appreciated. Thanks.

BR,

PD.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member208244
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Priydarshan,

Have you read the Note 1647157 - How to Set up Access to the SPML Service on AS Java?

Also, please be sure you have the SPML RFC at SPRO: SRM Server  Master Data  Create Users  Activate UME-SPML Connector

When we configured it also we had some problems, and we need to use the exact name "SAPJSF" for the SPML rfc connection.

The problem with the ABAP user is because you sure have not assinged the roles SAP_EC_BBP_CREATEUSER and SAP_EC_BBP_CREATEVENDOR.

Kindly check and tell us if it helps.

SG

Message was edited by: Zoltan Keller

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Sebastian, your inputs were indeed helpful.

So here is the next glitch....the user id gets created in ABAP, but the contact person is not able to login to portal using his credentials.

I also see that the 'Personalizations object key for mapping EP & SRM roles' for the user id as empty.

How do I make the created id contain all the necessary roles & authorizations and thus be able to log in (if roles are the issue after all)

FYI again, I am creating contact persons with Bidder role (/SAPSRM/BIDDER) for external business partners, namely, Suppliers & Bidders.

Regards,

PD.

former_member208244
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Priydarsham

I do not understand how they are not able to log in to Portal, then you also told us that the problem could be portal roles..

Could you please explain us a little more?

Regards

SG

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member305573
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ganapathi,

After correct configuration, I am not getting any error message.

My issue is resolved and working fine.

If you are still facing the same issue after doing correct configuration then need to check with the system. Like in case of SAPJSF user what is the parameter you are setting.

Prashant krishen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you got confused that I have an issue regarding this. I have no issues with this. I was trying to help you! Thank you anyway for the queries.

Also good to know that your issue is resolved.

Ganapathi

former_member305573
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all ,

I am also facing same issue.

Dear Priyadarshan,

if you are able to resolve the issue. Please help me with you input.

thanks in advance

Prashant krishen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

The system I was using then was a copy of another system & had quite a few issues of its own.

After checking on roles SAP_EC_BBP_CREATEUSER & SAP_EC_BBP_CREATEVENDOR, you might need to work with the Basis/Security team to enable populating of "Personalizations object key for mapping EP & SRM roles".

Basically, we need to enable creation of ABAP user id (SU01) once bidder creation is triggered from portal end. Once SU01 id is created, the roles need to be linked automatically.

Only Basis/Security team should be able to help in this.

As for us, our client Enterprise Data Mgmt team decided to continue with existing manual process rather than use SRM for creating vendors/bidders.

Let us also know once you solve this.

Regards,

PD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

If you are seeing the error "Broken SOAP envelope..... " then it is a generic error, which can come due to several reasons. Have you done the SPML configuration?

Ganapathi

former_member305573
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ganapathi,

yes i have done the SPML configuration .

Kindly let me know if you need any help.

Regards:

Prashant krishen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Then I hope the ABAP user ID is getting created along with the role which you select in the portal. But portal user has not got created.

I am not aware, how exactly they do...a portal consultant consultant can do a smoke test and check it. In fact I had also faced same error.. the root cause was password of the SAPJSF user was expired. As I told, this error can come due to several reasons.

Ganapathi

former_member305573
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ganapathi,

In case of SPML  user will be created in ABAP as well as in Portal at the same time.

The role will be also assigned in Portal with SPML.

same as per this document.

Create Users - SAP Documentation

Prashant krishen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Yes, with the SPML configuration, it is expected to create users both in ABAP and Portal at the same time. But the latter may not work if there is an issue with the configuration...

Any ways, I hope, your issue is, in your system, both ABAP user and Portal users are getting created, roles are getting assigned, still you are getting a warning message. Is this correct?

Ganapathi