cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request Help Building Better Sync Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a process that splits a file into 7 stored procedure calls that must be called in sequence to establish the data relationship.

My current process is to use a BPM that has the actions in a sequential chain.

The problem I am having is the entire data process will get blocked if any message transformation or JDBC call fails for any reason.

As this process will need to be able to run 24/7 (not high volume) what can I do to have subsequent files not get blocked (collected in queue) because of an error in previous data?

The only idea I can determine is to add more branches/process within the BPM to handle errors. Is this the only way, or can a BPM be setup to cause a queue to get locked on failure?

Thank you for your advice and expertise.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tadd,

PI solution: Using BPM with swtich statment and executing all branches works in sewuence mode.

The best solution would be

create one table Data base, insert data in to table ask your DB team pull data from table and schedule stored procedure accordingly becayse they have more flexiblity to schedule jobs.

I feel this is right design because you are going to deal with hight volume so stability major concern if any message failed in PI(Ig you maintain sequencing).

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Raja for your feedback. What you describe is not best practice in system integration, especially when the repository solution provides an API for data access. I will have to review BPM solutions as it seems the only way to handle this situation.