Error on CCM for a new BOBJ 4.0 SP6 install
I've just installed BOBJ 4.0 SP6 on Windows Server 2008 R2 64 bit but at the end of the install I got an error on 'ActionAgentProc.exe stopped working'. I was able to move forward and complete the install but once completed I went through to check the application and noticed the the CCM is not working. I get the following error: 'The application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect'.
I've done some online research but have not been able to find out the cause for the CCM not starting. I'm able to open the CMC and the SIA agent is running. Plus, I'm not sure if the ActionAgentProc stopping is an unrelated issue or if that is the reason the CCM will not start.
Has anyone else encountered this error and how did you resolve it?
I encountered the same issue when I installed SAP BI4.0 SP6. Basically I tried to find solution on SAP Support Portal under SAP Notes but nothing which is directly pointing to BI4.0 SP6. But I found something for another SAP BI products (Crystal Reports 2011 SP2, Information platform services 4.0 SP2). Please check SAP Notes # 1689645, 1605730, 1660730, 1592132.
Root cause of your issue is that the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable package SP1 security update (64bit and 32bit) is not installed.
1. Navigate to the extracted installation folder of SAP BI4.0 SP6 under following path: DATA_UNITS\BusinessObjectsServer_win\dunit\shared.tp.aurora.microsoft.vcredist8-4.0-core-64\actions\ and right click on vcredist_x64.exe run as Administrator and install it.
2. Navigate to the extracted installation folder of SAP BI4.0 SP6 under following path: DATA_UNITS\BusinessObjectsServer_win\dunit\shared.tp.aurora.microsoft.vcredist8-4.0-core-32\actions\ and right click on vcredist_x86.exe run as Administrator and install it.
3. Restart w2k8 server. (Now you should be able to run the CCM but but you will be not able to Manage Servers from CCM. You should receive following Fatal Error: Failed to create a Session Manager. The Session Manager is required to logon to an CMS. Ensure that EnterpriseFramework.dll is installed and registered on your system, and run this again.).
4. Navigate to Control Panel -> Program and Features -> right click SAP BusinessObjects BI platform 4.0 SP6 -> choose Unistall/Change -> choose Repair and reinstall the SAP BI4.0 SP6. It should be done without any issue.
5. Restart w2k8 once re-installation is done.
6. Now everything is working properly only maybe you can face the issue described in SAP Note # 1759795 - Connection Server and ConnectionServer32 not starting in BI 4.0. Please check this SAP Note and resolve this issue. Repair process somehow deleted entered License Key.
Please let me know if it's working for you also.
Take care and have a great week.