cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on CCM for a new BOBJ 4.0 SP6 install

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've just installed BOBJ 4.0 SP6 on Windows Server 2008 R2 64 bit but at the end of the install I got an error on 'ActionAgentProc.exe stopped working'. I was able to move forward and complete the install but once completed I went through to check the application and noticed the the CCM is not working. I get the following error: 'The application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect'.

I've done some online research but have not been able to find out the cause for the CCM not starting. I'm able to open the CMC and the SIA agent is running. Plus, I'm not sure if the ActionAgentProc stopping is an unrelated issue or if that is the reason the CCM will not start.

Has anyone else encountered this error and how did you resolve it?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190781
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

You should perform reinstallation, and while installing make sure that antivirus is stopped and disabled, the installer is stored on local disk.

Regards,

Sohel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the previous posts! So I've performed several reinstalls now with the same result as listed in the original post. Moreover, I tried the repair option and got an error - "Internal Error Detected. Program will exit." Not sure what else to try. Any ideas?

Anthony

former_member190781
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

Please try following steps:

> Download Proc Mon on server and lauch it it will start capturing process monitoring.

> Lauch CCM and once the error shown you can stop capturing proc mon and save the logs in CSV format.

> Open this CSV file in Excel and assign filter.

> From process name select svcmgr.exe

> Now in the result section you will see something like path not found, name not found.

> It will also show you the location where it is searching, check those locations if the specifed files are present if not then copy those missing files from a running environment and paste here.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sohel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sohel, thanks for the suggestion unfortunately Proc Mon won't run on window server 2008 R2 bec. it's a 64bit system. Is there another software you recommend? How about the event logs, will they not provide this level of detail?

Anthony

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Proc mon runs on both 32bit and 64bit platforms, if it doens't run, you donwloaded 32bit version.

former_member190781
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

download it from the link which I have provided you in my previous post, it works perfectly fine in my win 2008 R2 server.

Regards,

Sohel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sohel, I was finally able to get the Proc Mon to work. Below are the results of what I've found. Any idea what this means?

Anthony

Operation               Path                                   Result          Detail

CreateFileMappingC:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\SvcMgr.exeFILE LOCKED WITH ONLY READERSSyncType: SyncTypeCreateSection, PageProtection:
peter_hvisc
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

I encountered the same issue when I installed SAP BI4.0 SP6. Basically I tried to find solution on SAP Support Portal under SAP Notes but nothing which is directly pointing to BI4.0 SP6. But I found something for another SAP BI products (Crystal Reports 2011 SP2, Information platform services 4.0 SP2). Please check SAP Notes # 1689645, 1605730, 1660730, 1592132.

Root cause of your issue is that the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable package SP1 security update (64bit and 32bit) is not installed.

Resolution:

1. Navigate to the extracted installation folder of SAP BI4.0 SP6 under following path: DATA_UNITS\BusinessObjectsServer_win\dunit\shared.tp.aurora.microsoft.vcredist8-4.0-core-64\actions\ and right click on vcredist_x64.exe run as Administrator and install it.

2. Navigate to the extracted installation folder of SAP BI4.0 SP6 under following path: DATA_UNITS\BusinessObjectsServer_win\dunit\shared.tp.aurora.microsoft.vcredist8-4.0-core-32\actions\ and right click on vcredist_x86.exe run as Administrator and install it.

3. Restart w2k8 server. (Now you should be able to run the CCM but but you will be not able to Manage Servers from CCM. You should receive following Fatal Error: Failed to create a Session Manager. The Session Manager is required to logon to an CMS. Ensure that EnterpriseFramework.dll is installed and registered on your system, and run this again.).

4. Navigate to Control Panel -> Program and Features -> right click SAP BusinessObjects BI platform 4.0 SP6 -> choose Unistall/Change -> choose Repair and reinstall the SAP BI4.0 SP6. It should be done without any issue.

5. Restart w2k8 once re-installation is done.

6. Now everything is working properly only maybe you can face the issue described in SAP Note # 1759795 - Connection Server and ConnectionServer32 not starting in BI 4.0. Please check this SAP Note and resolve this issue. Repair process somehow deleted entered License Key.

Please let me know if it's working for you also.

Take care and have a great week.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can find installation files also directly on the Microsoft site: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=26347 in case, you won't find them in the installation files folder.

Source: The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter this is the solution I was looking for. I followed your instructions and now the CCM is working. I really appreciate you posting this!

Anthony

peter_hvisc
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

Hi Anthony,

I know this feeling when you are trying to solve the issue and it takes long time and also lot of effort from your side and suddenly you found the solution somewhere on the net .

I am glad that I was able to help you.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check Installlog file and see if there are any errors? If you see any errors, run the repair on the installer?