Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in catalog profile assignment to notification

krishna_chandra5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When i am creating a quality notification through QM01, the system is asking me to enter the catalog profile in a pop up. If i enter there that will be copied to the notification otherwise no catalog profile will be assigned to the notification.

My question is when i am creating a quality notification from the action box of the existing notification (which is having a catalog profile) system is creating a new notification in the background. But that notification is not having any catalog profile assigned to it. As i read from the SAP help, there are 3 ways of assigning catalog profile to the notification

1. By assigning in the material master
  2. By assigning to the notification type
  3. By assigning to report type

I don't opt for the first two options as i need the catalog profile to be maintained at the plant level. So i created a report type and assigned a catalog profile to it.

Here comes the question. How i can link this report type at plant level?

Please give your valuable inputs.

Regards,

Krishna Chandra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After defining report type, in the same pop up window, you have the option of assigning that to work center.

In that, give the specific plant & for work center, give as * so that all work center will consider that report type.

Assign the work center to the operations in Inspection Plan so that catalog profile can be picked up automatically through report type.

krishna_chandra5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maheswaran,

Thanks for the immediate reply. I have done that config for my plant but still my notification created is not having catalog profile. I am again confirming that my notification is not created from result recording, it is created manually from the action box of the existing notification.

Please help with any other solution

Regards,

Krishna Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please attach the link from where you got the information about copying catalog profile to notification.

1. By assigning in the material master

By giving the Material as reference object in QM notification, assigned catalog profile to that material will be copied to notification.

2. By assigning to the notification type

If the reference object (material) doesn’t have catalog profile assigned, then catalog profile from notification type remains as it is.

3. By assigning to report type

While recording defects through results recording, catalog profile can be copied from report type.

krishna_chandra5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maheswaran,

Thanks for your comments.

I found the below SAP help when i clicked on the help text in the defect recording config (SPRO > QM > Quality notifications > Defects recording > Define report type)

From your above comments i understood that the report type config will only be useful in the case of notification creation from defects recording.

I just want to confirm one thing. Is there any option other than material master and notification type to assign catalog profile for the notification in case i am creating notification through QM02 action box. Because in this case system is not asking me to assign catalog profile manually during creation.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Krishna Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

While creating notification, system will give only Information message to alert the user.

Follow the menu path Extras - Settings - Catalog Profile - Display / Catalog Profile

You can view the catalog profile assigned to notification in Display option & you can change the catalog profile in Catalog Profile option.

There won't be any other pop up as you expect. It may be achieved through some custom development. But nothing is standard.

krishna_chandra5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maheswaran,

i accept to the concept what you are saying but please confirm me about the below statement.

Is there any option to assign catalog profile for the notification other than maintaining in material master and notification type in case i am creating notification through QM02 action box.

Hope i am clear.

Regards,

Krishna Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

As it has been mentioned in link & my experience, catalog profile can be copied from Reference Object (Material / Equipment / etc.,) or Notification Type or Report Type.

Else it should be maintained manually. There is no other provision to make it happen automatic with standard configuration. You can go for some custom development to achieve this if you wish.

Hope I am clear enough.

krishna_chandra5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Maheswaran for your support.

Regards,

Krishna Chandra