cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping ATP categories

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All:

I was wondering if there is any doc. mapping ATP categories to there relevant keyfigures.

Thank you in advance.

Mono

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mono Al,

I think this will help you.

Keyfigure ATP Category

Forecast FA

Sales Order BK, BL, BM, BR

Distribution Demand (Planned) BC, BH, BJ, EB, ED, HJ

Distribution Demand (Confirmed) EG

Distribution Demand (SA Rel) BJ

Distribution Demand (TLB-Confirmed) BI

Dependent Demand EL

Additional Forecast FC

VMI Demand (Confirmed) EH

Distribution Receipt (Planned) AG, BD, BE, EA, HG

Distribution Receipt (Confirmed) EF

Distribution Receipt (TLB-Confirmed) BF

In-Transit AH, EI

Production (Planned) EE

Production (Confirmed) AC, AD, AI, AJ

Manufacture of Co-Products EM

ATD Issues AY, BI, BM, BR, EG, EH, EJ, EK, EQ, ER

ATD Receipts AI, BF, CC, EE, EF, EI, ES

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath:

Thank you for your help, I am trying to have all standard key figures (from 9ASNP02 planning area) mapped to ATP categories and finally to MRP elements. As we are trying to move away from MRP into APO SNP CTM.

Your input indeed helps in a big way to this approach, but I do have some Keyfigures in regards to the list below:

9ACACON -Capacity Consumption

9ACASUP -Capacity

9ACAUSE -Capacity Used

9AGRFXDM- Aggr. Fixd DD (Plnd)

9AGRFXPD -Aggregated fixed pro

9AGRFXSP -Aggregated fixed dis

9AGRKPROD -Aggr. Co-Product

9AGRPROD -Aggregated productio

9AGRSHIP -Aggregated distribut

9ASPROD Production (Total)

9ASSHIP DistrReceipt (Total)

9ASTOCK Storage Quantity

where I am unable to map these to any ATP categories/ categories group or finally to MRP element. Also I have doubts about many stock/ forecast related ATP categories which just doesnt map to MRP elements.

Help requested!!!!

Mono

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mono,

The keyfigures mentioned by you can be segregated in four sets:

1. Capacity related keyfigures 9ACACON, 9ACASUP and 9ACAUSE are computed using macros.

2. Aggregated keyfigures are again automatically aggregated values of the base keyfigure like Fixed Production etc.

3. The total keyfigures are summed using macros.

4. The stock keyfigure is dynamically computed using a macro again. Only the stock in Initial Period is picked up through a macro function INITAL_STOCK by mapping the Stock Categories (like CC) from the system. Stock for all other future time buckets is then calculated based on logic Previous bucket Stock - Demand + Receipts.

The mapping of ATP Categories to the keyfigures is seen in Keyfigure Detail tab in the Planning Area details (/SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN). Again in SPRO under SNP you can see the categories assigned to the category groups.

The mapping of individual ATP categories to MRP elements in ERP is available in SPRO >> APO >> GATP >> Category Definition

(can't get to the exact path since system is not responding).

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the input, I was wondering if anyone can tell me which ATP categories does these Category groups map to:

SLI

DD2

PP2

SLR

PS2

Mono

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mono

Unless you are talking about a standard system, the ATP groups in every system need not necessarily be the same and could have been maintained based on requirement

If you would like to know what the config is in your system and are in the system do the following:

Go to SPRO=>Advanced Planning and Optimization=>Supply Chain Planning => SNP=> Basic Settings=>Maintain Category Groups

From the structure, choose the group you want to know about and highlight it

say DD1,

now click on the categories on the tree on the left panel

you will get a list BC, say BH,BJ,EB,ED,HJ

to know what the cataegory contains, dorp down the list and you will see the text

BH PReqRel

BJ SchAgrReq

etc

hope that helps

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mono,

Continuing from where I dropped off yesterday ...

By now my friend Harish has explained how to see the Categories associated to the Category Groups.

I shall now provide some more details on the macros mentioned.

1. Capacity related keyfigures

Check the macros in the SNP94(2) data view from MAcrobuilder transaction /SAPAPO/ADVM. The macro "Resource Capacity Level" and "Resource capacity variant" computes data in the capacity related keyfigures. 2. Macros related to the Total keyfigures is in SNP94(1) dataview - "Stock balance"

This macro also calculates the Initial Stock and Stock on Hand on an ongoing basis. The Category Group in field "Stock Category Group" in SNP tab of location master defines which all types of stock is considered by macro functional INITIAL_STOCK.

Finally the mapping of individual ATP categories to MRP elements in ERP is available in SPRO >> APO >> GATP >> General Settings >> Maintain Category

Hope these halp you in your understanding. Appreciate if you can share your experiences and lessons learnt during CTM implementation in the SNP page under SCM Wiki. You can create a new page for CTM. If you need any help with SCM Wiki do let me know.

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harish/Somnath:

I appreciate you folks taking time for your inputs, As per Somnath's suggestion I will definately give back to this forum which has build my knowledge over the time.

Coming back to Harish's post , I am talking from the standard system as the below mentioned category groups are from 9ASNP02 planning area (keyfigure detail tab)

SLI

DD2

PP2

SLR

PS2

I doubt the system I am using someone has either modifie or replaced these category groups, as such I was looking upto the forum for the ATP categories associated to the afore mentioned Cat. groups.

Thank you so much.

Mono

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Mono

this is from what i thinkis an unaltered 4.1 system

SLI BC StkTrfRes

DD2 EU SNP:PReqRl

PP2 ES SNP:PL-ORD

SLR BD StkTrfRes

PS2 ET SNP: PReq

Pl note it is good practice to create new groups if you want to alter the categories in a group and also use new SNP planning areas and alter the KF details

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harish:

Thanks alot! for sending in those categories from an unaltered system, I shall post the table I made, on Wiki soon.

1.Also, are there certain parameters you keep in mind when creating new groups/ Pl.Areas/ KF details?

2. how do they (cat.grps) serve the purpose when mapping either a key fig on one side and ATP catogories---->MRP elements on the other side.

As this has been my mapping approach so far using using standard SAP

KF->Cat. Groups->ATP cat. -

>MRP elements.

Mono

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. A lot of it depends on why you plan to do the modification. Parameters would change for aggregate(hierarchical planning) for example

2. If i read the lines in the drawing correctly.... I guess you got it right

Check what Order category represents what MRP element in R3

Decide what KF in the Planning area should represent what categories (MRP element)

then you check if there is a category group that contains these categories

else create the category group

once you have this.. map this to the KF in the planning area in the category group field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All:

Can anybody help me map these MRP elements to standard Keyfigures from Pl. Area 9ASNP02.

MR Reservation

QM Inspection lot for quality management

BB Subcontractor requirements of material provided

UR Stock transfer reservation

Thank you

Mono

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath:

My mapping is almost done, but I am still unable to figure out how am I going to use macros to calculate the following MRP elements tracking stocks:

KB Individual Customer Stock

LB Storage location stock

LK Stock with subcontractor

PB Project stock

WB Plant stock

Thank you for your time.

Mono

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mono,

I was busy digging in SMP for notes around this. You may like to see the results under SNP and CIF FAQ in <a href="https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SCM/FAQ">FAQ</a> page.

In short - the initial bucket of Stock on Hand keyfigure gets populated based on the INITIAL_STOCK macro function. This picks up the Stock Cetegories defined in Category Group ST1 which by standard has CC (Unrestricted Stock) and CN categories. If you want the Stock on Hand keyfigure to consider additional Stock Categories you need to change the ST1 Category Group.

However do you really want to do change this standard SAP behavior.

The Storage Location Stock MRP element LB is actually ATP Category CC.

Likewise LK MRP element should map to CH ATP Category.

I am yet to find out why the Stock ATP Categories are not mapped to correspeding MRP elements in APO SPRO under GATP >> Maintain Categories.

Hope this does not add to the confusion but helps you.

Thanks,

somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath:

Thanks for the FAQ reference, before I dig into it. I have a question, I know PP/DS plans at storage location level within a plant, but do SNP plan at storage location level too?

Thanks

Mono

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Mono,

As far as I know, SNP can plan at Storage location MRP area level. I am not sure whether it can plan at storage location level, if we do not configure MRP area.

Regards,

Murali.J

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahh....

I was about to reply back asking to post this question as a separate thread. That gives better visibility and helps others who are searching for similar issues in the Forum. And of course for the contributors it gives a chance to earn full 10 points.

Murali has answered your question. Storage location in R/3 needs to be assigned to a MRP Area. This MRP Area when transferred to APO becomes a separate location (Type 1007) with its own location-products. Then you can run SNP or PPDS planning at that location without any issues.

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All:

I have been having issues with large number of keyfigs in my planning area, what would be an impact if I remove the below given key figs. Which are Aggregated values of base keyfigure as explained by Somnath earlier.

9AGRDM Aggr. DM (plnd)

9AGRDMDSE Aggr.Depend. Reqmt

9AGRFXDM Aggr. Fixd DD (Plnd)

9AGRFXPD Aggregated fixed production

9AGRFXSP Aggregated fixed distribution

Thank you

Mono

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which planning area?

If you are not using Aggregated (hierarchical) planning I dont think you will have much of an issue. you will have to make sure its taken off from all the aggregates of the SNP POS that is attached to it

if you have TS Kf in the SNP PB that you want to retain SAFETY stock (planned)for example then you might have to back up the data

Make sure your macros are activated since your KF sequence in the planning book will now have changes

What kind of problems that you are deleting KF from an SNP PA? Why not just hide it in the PB instead

Former Member
0 Kudos

and you really should be putting new Q in a new thread. how is this related to mapping ATP categories? this is about deleting Aggregate KF in SNP planning area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Somnath.

This mapping is pretty helpful. Thank you!

I just wonder, though, which table defines the key figure on which a category group will belong to as they are interfaced from ECC to APO. Please advise. Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

PL,

ECC does not 'know' anything about key figures and category groups.  There is no direct mapping between anything in ECC and the Category groups of which you speak.

Relationships between ECC MRP elements and APO ATP Categories can be displayed in view /SAPAPO/V_ATP03.

ATP categories can then be assigned to Category groups.  You can see these relationships in table /SAPAPO/APOCGC.

ATP categories and ATP Category groups can be assigned to various Key figures within a planning area.  These assignments can generally be viewed in table /SAPAPO/TSPAPLOB.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, DB49.

I am keeping the tables handy. Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

Many positive ripples to your career!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

try

SPRO=>Advanced Planning and Optimization=>Global Available-to-Promise (Global ATP) =>General Settings=>Maintain Category.

/Shibu

Thanks for rewarding points if this is helpful

sudhir_gulati
Participant
0 Kudos

You can further also creat Category Groups in SNP using ATP Categories

SPRO=>Advanced Planning and Optimization=>SNP> Maintain Category Groups

And then assign Category groups to Key Figures in Planning Area

Hope this helps,

regards

Sudhir