cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performace issue in SAP PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have implemented SAP SNC in PI 7.3. The mappings in this are standard mappings provided by SAP. These have been modified in order to support a few fields that were not mapped in the default version. This has been done by norms suggested by SAP. The mappings are java mappings and the modifications were done on the same code to include those missing fields. This mapping is facing a performance issue. Though, we know that java mapping is an overhead and would affect performane of PI, the typical messages take about 1 hour to get processed in this particular case.

Have anyone faced a similar issue before. Have you converted the java mapping to graphical or has some other method been adopted to fix this ?

Can you please share your inputs.

Thank you.

Regards,

Padmaja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member190681
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi Padmanja,

Java mapping is also very good, graphical mapping also converted into .class files internally. if change java mapping into graphical mapping i think problem will not solve.

if you resolve the isssue first we need to clarify 2 things.

1. first you check java mapping in to java compiler or editors and observe how much time taken to execute that code(eclipse or other editors).

2. check performance monitoring in RWB.(for that interface how much time taken in pipeline steps).

3. check in Pipeline steps which pipe steps take delay.

Regards,

Kiran Polani

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Padmaja,

The delay in processing should not be due to java mapping. Do you have routine deletion and archival of old messages? Please check this with BASIS team. All graphical mappings are converted to java classes internally before execution. So convertion to graphical mapping from java mapping will not solve the issue.

Regards

Anupam

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Padmaja,

Give more info about your performance issue, what is exact issue?

Personally i never experienced performance issue with JAVA Mapping and infact JAVA Mapping gives best performance if you follow best coding standards.

What is the size of messages are you handling/processing ? if you have written java mapping with more static variables , implemented java thread concept extensively and implementing looks ups with bad standatrds causes issues.

I dont think standard mappings have any bad coding stamdards.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja Sekhar,

Thank you for your response. The exact issue is the time taken for processing. The payloads are huge. They are upto 7mb in size and are taking about an hour to get processed. I don't think there can be any coding standard issues in the code as the code is a standard code given by SAP.

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi padmaja,

If I remember correctly, SAP SNC standard content, contains standard XSLT mapping. May be because of that you are facing performance issue for big files.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>Though, we know that java mapping is an overhead and would affect performane of PI, the typical messages take about 1 hour to get processed in this particular case.

in most cases java mappings will be quicker then message mappings so where did you learn

that java mapping is an overhead ? not from SDN I hope

are you sure the java mapping is the thing which is causing an issue here and not something else ?

I've never seen a mapping being executed for one hour (even for huge messages)

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thank you for your response.

Thank you for correcting me on my assumption. I did not learn it from SDN

I have faced issues with Java mapping earlier and when they get converted to graphical, the issue was always resolved. Hence the assumption.

The payload size is really huge. It is about 7mb.

DG
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If there is a complex lookup or something that reuqire a lot of processer power then a huge message could take that amout of time. I remember when I started to code java servlets. here I have not learned about using string bufferes so I used string +=  a lot. It worked okay on my test data, but when we got to production it took 5-10 minutes to create a page.

It could be something similary that you are experianceing if the message has only been designed for small messages and you are sending a big message.

A idea could be to split the messages into some smaller bits and see if it improves the performance.

daniel