cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication Channel failure after Support Pack Upgrade PI 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are using PI 7.3 , recently upgraded the Support packages on our development system and since then some of the communication channels are failed state.

The communication channels will be in the error status as below.

Exception: Channel with Status Unknown or Not Registered

With the communication short log will be with the status  " channel has internal Error "

I have tried with re-starting of the whole system (Both ABAP and Java) since then also these communication channels will not get up ).

When I stop and start manually the communication channels will be in green status but the test result will failed with following error message.

Error com.sap.aii.mapping.lookup.LookupException: Exception during processing the payload. Error when calling an adapter by using the communication channel KK_SOAPLOOKUP (Party: DIVA_Party, Service: BC_DIVA, Object ID: a0e357a6cd4b38fa9b3f0534a632e5c9) XI AF API call failed. Module exception: 'java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method com.sap.aii.af.service.cpa.Binding.getObjectId() of an object loaded from local variable 'binding''. Cause Exception: 'while trying to invoke the method com.sap.aii.af.service.cpa.Binding.getObjectId() of an object loaded from local variable 'binding''. com.sap.aii.mapping.lookup.LookupException: Error when calling an adapter by using the communication channel KK_SOAPLOOKUP (Party: DIVA_Party, Service: BC_DIVA, Object ID: a0e357a6cd4b38fa9b3f0534a632e5c9) XI AF API call failed. Module exception: 'java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method com.sap.aii.af.service.cpa.Binding.getObjectId() of an object loaded from local variable 'binding''. Cause Exception: 'while trying to invoke the method com.sap.aii.af.service.cpa.Binding.getObjectId() of an object loaded from local variable 'binding''. at com.sap.aii.ibrun.server.lookup.AdapterProxyLocal.process(AdapterProxyLocal.java:92)

I have already looked other SDN sites but didn't get any right help , if anyone of you faced the same problem, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think you have already tried possible option,have you restarted Adapter service in NWA?Try this.

if still no luck then ask your Basis team to roll back changes to old SP.I would prefer applying latest SP-1 .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I have tried with re-starting Adapter Services but still the same problem,

Anybody is having any clue other than roll back to old Support Pack ?

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for your suggestions,

Issue is resolved as per the note "1737850" from 730 SP5 onwards when we have a SOAP lookup from Mapping it is mandatory to have a receiver agreement.

I have done the same and it works.

Regards

Ramesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesha,

Try to do some dummy changes in the communication channels affected or you could change them to inactive, activate the changes, test the service, and later you set the communication channel in active mode.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

We have already tried with creating dummy and did the same steps you suggested but there is no luck

Regards

Ramesh

allamudi_loordh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Based on your error.. if you are using any soap look up .. please look at the below url.

try testing the url in soap ui tool whether you are getting response properly or not.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3239187

Regards,

Loordh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As suggested , We have already updated the Adapter framework as per the SAP

Note 1737850 - Soap lookup failure from java message mapping

But still the same problem exist.

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Have you tried with Full Cache?

Regards/

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have already done full cache refresh , also re-started system but no luck.

Regards

Ramesh