Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2 error in file upload

pankajverma
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am getting the error while uploading file using the BAPI. Error message is"E26 253 Error while checking in and storing: D:\BG"

I passed the following data in BAPI ( DOCUMENTFILES)

ORIGINALTYPE=1

STORAGECATEGORY=ZDMS_PGCIL

WSAPPLICATION =DOC

DOCPATH = D:\

DOCFILE =BG

DESCRIPTION= Test file

LANGUAGE=EN

In BAPI Obejct links and Characteristics part are working fine. But we are not able to find the exact cause of this error. Gone through so many threads but not get any solution.

Please help.

Regards

Pankaj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

in your test data I saw that the file "BG" seems to have no extension. Is this the desired behavior? If you paste the value " D:\BG" in the adress bar of your windows explorer is there a file opened?

Because in most of this cases the reason for error 26 253 is that the file cannot be accessed by the system under the specified path or there is a problem with the storage category.

For getting further information please check also the application log entries in transaction SLG1 after simulating the error.

Best regards,

Christoph

pankajverma
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for the support. My problem is solved. Incorrect configuration for workstation application and incorrect file name passed in the BAPI was the problem.

With SLG1 it was very easy to check the exact issue.

Ward regrds.

Pankaj verma

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2 might have issues reading from local file.

Could you check SAP Note 504692 - Document BAPIs, Checkin - checkout special cases . It has some codes which will be useful.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you add the originals with CV01N? If so, it's a matter of using the correct parameters for the BAPI. Does the file exist? Is of valid format? Is it of size non-zero?