cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant configuration / Bom explosion issue in Sales order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have an issue with the KMAT- VC material. The VC material is tied up with its BOM components..

For example, item 10 is a VC  configurable material. Once you enter the material, we start the configuration and once you reached the final configuration, the remaining BOM items gets exploded that is item 11, 12, 13 etc....

We save the sales order. So far it all goes well. The problem is once you reenter in VA02, and for some reason you hit the configuration button in VA02, and hit back to the main screen even though without making any changes, the BOM(SUB) items are vanished/deleted from the order.

Irrespective of we make changes to the original configuration or without making the changes to the configuration of item 10, the BOM items tied up to ITEM 10 is getting deleted.

Not very sure if this is standard  behavior or if it has any configuration/customized settings.

Appreciate all of your inputs.

Thanks!

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

in Variant configuration it is dependency which control BOM explosion and configuration of material in sales order.

You can write your own dependency  like  precondtion, selection condtion or Procedure assigned to configuration profile. Check what code is written for your BOM material by checking it dependency assign to configuration profile CU41or class CL02.

Dependency can be written according to business procedure which may give different reults. Dependency is part of customization for VC.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj,

Thank you so much for getting back on this.

We have already maintained the dependencies for all the selected BOM items, initially while creating an order it pulls all the BOM components by dependency only.  My issue is once I save the order and go back to the header line item to change / refresh the configuration, then the sub item were vanished in the sales order.

Regards,

Ram

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

As per my understanding its dependency which is influencing this. May be in code some thing not correct..

I can only suggest to check dependency, may be you can take help of ABAPER to understand this.

Regards