cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Mgt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to block the customer once the credit limit is over or the maximum no. of days for open items is exceeded

Is it possible, if so how.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member301603
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Use some relevant user exit to find the customer from the sales order which is blocked and do blocking of customer.

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have created a customer and the individual credit limit has been set to Rs.100000.

When I create a sales order the sales order value is 60,590.25 and the customer outstanding is 18252.05 but during saving the message displayed is Rs.24775.04.

In OVA8 the open orders and delivery has been selected but in VA05N there are no open orders and neither are there are any deliveries.

How is the system calculating the amount by which the credit limit is exceeded

former_member301603
Participant
0 Kudos

please check the credit exposure value, it will tell you clear idea, and also share fd32 screenshot if possible..

There may be some other FI doc posted most possibly.Please let me know if you found rel data ..

kalyan_mokirala
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurav,

1. Please check the analysis of the credit check done to the order using the program CHECK_CM in  SE38/SA38 transaction and analyse how system is evaluating the credit.

2. Open items credit check will work in tandem with 2 things Maximum open items % and maximum number of days an item is open.

This credit check is evaluated as below

Number of open items (within the maximum number of days an item is open; one day in your case) /the total open items if this % is greater than what is specified in OVA8 screen then system will block the document for credit. As you have given 100% I think system will always pass this credit check and will never block in normal cases.

Try to give 1% for maximum open items % or keep it blank and the maximum number of days an item is open as 1 day and check the Open items credit check.

Below is the standard help text of SAP

The proportion of overdue open items (that exceed the specified number of days) in the total of open items should not exceed the percentage specified.

3. I think system will pass the sales document for the dynamic credit check as the number of days you took is zero.

System will then evaluate the dynamic credit check as follows.

Customer's credit limit- all open orders whose delivery date within time horizon + open deliveries + open bills + A/C receivables. Before performing the dynamic credit check system will check if the delivery date of the order is with in time horizon; if it is beyond time horizon then system will neglect the dynamic credit check.

Hope this explains

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear ,

In the thread, you have mentioned multiple issues.

Which one are you facing now?

If you feel the exposure is not updated correctly, then try to run the credit re-organisation programs

RVKRED77, RVKRED88 and so on.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have executed CHECK_CM and got the following

Please could you let me know why why the system is showing the message Not Ok.

kalyan_mokirala
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurav,

Message not OK means document is not OKwith the dynamic credit check and the odest open items credit check. It means document has exceeded dynamic credit check limit which is given to payer customer and same is the case for the oldest open items credit check.Hence the document you are checking is blocked for credit. If you check the sales order in the header credit status will be not approved means document is blocked for credit.

Further the the payer customer what system had analyzed in CHECK_CM report (First screen shot 100547) is different from the FD32 screenshot what you have attached (second screen shot  101728).

Please check the 100547 customer for ZKAL credit control area in FD32 screen which will give you the details of the credit limits used.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tilak for the explanation.

od_manikandan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai Saurav,

To achieve this

Block customer - credit limit is over or Due days exceeded.

Standard SAP checks the above two factors and block the Sales documents.

"Giving error to sales documents and Blocking customer" mostly serve the purpose.

In case, if you want to block the customer

Enhancement can be done in sales order to BLOCK the customer when a sales order amount gets exceed credit amount.

Create a background program to run daily, to list all the invoice exceed due date and block the customers

This may have performance issue, please discuss with your abaper.

And can u please explain instead of Blocking sales documents, why customer block is required?

Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurav,

You can do it through standard credit control of "Automatic credit control setup"

Go to OVA8 with combination of Credit control area, Credit group .& Risk category.

For the credit value you have to maintain in FD32 and for oldest open item you can setup with OVA8 below.

here you  can put the no of days for oldest open items. and percentage also.

Hope it will help you to understand.

Regards

Pitabash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Me thinks Mr. Behera is right check oldest open item, enter number of days and days oldest item  . Please check and confirm .

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

&

The question from OP is "I want to block the customer once the credit limit is over or the maximum no. of days for open items is exceeded"

Can you tell me how to achieve this by using standard SAP? Can we block the customer automatically?

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

I have some queries  to your point.

1:- what does it mean Credit limit is over:- i my under standing is---that means if in FD32 i have putted credit limit 200000. and the customer is achieved this by open order , or deliveries or open billing which payment not received.  then system will block when the next sales order will create. if you have putted horizon period then there is different logic .

2:- the maximum no. of days for open items is exceeded":- here you can put in OVZ8 with field against "oldest open item ' which means

Credit check against oldest open item

Indicates whether the system carries out a credit check based on the age of the oldest open item.

Use

The oldest open item must not be older than the number of days specified.

It will check if any open item exceed the given time . then it does not wait to exceed for the credit value limit for credit block. it will check according to this check box and days putted in the box

That's why we are using Automatic credit control rather that Simple credit control.

because in Simple credit control this feature is not available.

Hope now you can understand.

Regards

Pitabash

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pitabash,

My question to you use different.. Can we block the customer automatically if the credit limit exceeds or open item exceeds the number of days.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

yes it will block

If  my credit limit is 500000 in FD32

but till today my total order , delivery and invoice value comes around 350000, where as there is more 150000  required to block in credit check.

But now there is a open order which exceeds 60 days . where as i have mentioned 50 days in oldest open item in OVA8.

Then my sales order will be block due to oldest open item check. it will not check to achieve the total credit value for block.

Regards

Pitabash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes those were the configuration that were recommended I hope it works

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

my question is still open.. I know order will go for block.. but, the question is can you block the customers automatically if the open item days exceeds or credit value exceeds?

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is as follows:

I have set the No. of days to be considered for open items as 1.

I have created a sales order yesterday i.e. 10.06.2013 and the payment terms is 0001-Pay immediately.

I have checked in FBL5N  and the due date and baseline pymnt date is 10.06.2013.

Since as per the setting in ova8 the max no. of days an open item can be overdue is 1 day , when I create orders today i.e. 11.06.2013 the order should be blocked , but that is not happening.

Please advise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can someone please help me on this.

I have specified the no. of days as 1 and the max. open items % as 100, but the order is not blocked.

However when I do not enter any % in Max% Open Items it blocks .

Someone pleasee help

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurav,

I don't thinko so we can do this with standard SAP. Try below exits.

T. Code: OVA8

LVKMPFZ1

LVKMPFZ2

LVKMPFZ2

T. Code: FD32

RFDRRANZ

Other than above I can't think of any alternative solution.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

With user exits I believe you could do it. See 1464839 - How to customize credit control in transaction OVA8 using checks USER 1, USER 2 and USER 3.

The idea is set in OVA8 the userexit. In the userexit call with a module function (with option IN UPDATE TASK) a report encapasulated in this function module (a BDC for instance with a job after 30 seconds or 1 minute and lock the customer). You'd need ABAP tools for doing it.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo