cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Servlet MessageHandlerServlet is not available?

stevang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I've deployed a WAR file to Tomcat.folder (which was stopped).

After restarting Tomcat I see folder MobileBIService folder.

However, if I try to call <address>:8080/MobileBIService/MessageHandlerServlet?message=GetVersion instead of getting an XML with productVersion, I am getting an error:"HTTP Status 404 - Servlet MessageHandlerServlet is not available"

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

janata
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I experienced same behavior with BI platform 4.0 SP07 Patch 5 and SP09, product Mobile BI 4.0 SP08.

For resolution I tried to upgrade BI4.0 platform to SP09 and deployed all the .war files again.

Still, when I tied to call <address>:8080/MobileBIService/MessageHandlerServlet?message=GetVersion, I got an error:"HTTP Status 404 - Servlet MessageHandlerServlet is not available"

Finally we found SAP note 1784525 which is saying that the cause of the problem is that the Mobile deployment only works if the locale is in English.

So I changed Windows Regional Settings to English (UK) and redeployed the Mobile .war files.

The result of calling <address>:8080/MobileBIService/MessageHandlerServlet?message=GetVersion is XML with product version:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

-   <Result status="success">
-   <info>
   <version productVersion="14.0.9.1345" internalVersion="4.0" />
</info>
</Result>

BR,

Jana

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Goran,

Please go through the below if you are testing the connectivity from IPAD.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-42144

Thanks

Mallik

stevang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I use SP2.

No, I was not trying a connection from iPad, I was simply trying on the local server (with IE) to test a response of the Servlet (if it was correctly deployed).. Everything else works normally on BI server (CMC etc.)...

I've seen those kind of errors do happen with Tomcat, but I've tried to deploy some sample war on Tomcat and it worked just fine... Tomcat is default installation with BOBJ platform...

Still, I haven't found any answer what to do and how to fix this issue on Tomcat forums...

BR,

Goran

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Goran,

As you have mentioned your tomcat is a default installation with BO, so i guess Launchpad or CMC must be opening just fine.

Check the size of the MobileBIService.war file

It should be around 75 to 79 MB, depending on the version you are on . This is normally a size for BI 4.0 SP6

If the size varies too much,

stop tomcat

rename the MobileBIService to MobileBIService_old

go to tomcat6/work/catalina/localhost

delete the MobileBIservice folder

start tomcat

it should get deployed again, if the war file is present in the webapps folder.

if not, before starting tomcat, copy the war file from Mobile14 folder or <BI install dir/warfiles/webapps) and paste it under Tomcat6/webapps

start tomcat

let it deploy

check the behaviour again

I hope you are checking this version on the same server, where tomcat is installed. Generally we should begin on teh same server to narrow down teh issue

use http://localhost:8080/Mobil........

Regards,

Atul B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Goran,

can you tell me where did you run this URL to test it ?

You have to setting up into your mobile configuration for SAP BI mobile apps.

1. Go to Setting part in to SAP Mobile apps,

2. create connection

3. Name :- Your Connection name any

4. Server URL :- http://<server name or IP > : 8080

5. CMS Name :- yourserver :6400

6. Authenitication select

Then you  check if it is connected to your sap bo bi server or not ?

let me know  if you want any thing else .

Thank You,

Haresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi goran,

what is the version and SP level of BO BI platform?  Do you have issue with setting up mobile server for the usage of BI content from mobile?

Thanks

Mallik