Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

With which platform would be the most reasonable to start

marcin_cholewczuk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm just starting with SAP Mobility. I went through videos in SAP Mobile Academy, so I'm starting to understand how does it all work together. My question is with what native platform would be most reasonable to start. Android, iOS, Windows Mobile, something else? I guess that decision should be based on which mobile phones are being used in companies. Unfortunatelly I've no such information. I would be grateful for any tips.

Best Regards

Marcin Cholewczuk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The platforms depends the business scenarios. For learning purpose I would suggest to start with Android/IOS ( For IOS Mac machine is must ). You will get most materials related to these in the web, also these are the top used mobile platforms.

From a developer stand point the coding used for any device to integrate the app with SUP/SMP will be same. Ie the APIs will be the same.

Ex: Synchronize is an API to sync data from SMP to device. This API will be the same in all the platforms.

You can select the platform based your knowledge on the programming languages too.

Following are the languages you needed based on the device OS:

Android & BB: Java

IOS: Objective C

Win/Win Mobile: C#

- Midhun VP

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rakshit_doshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It depends on where are you going to use the applications and your comfortability in device coding languagues.

If its the start then it doesn't matter whether you are doing C#/Java or Objective C as everythign is the first time for you.

Check some statistics and decide where do you want to go.

Thanks,