Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import missing delivery units

former_member1270519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have 2 doubts.

1. I developed a web application in Java EE using the persistence service with JDBC on SAP HANA cloud. I followed the tutorials at this link.

https://help.hana.ondemand.com/help/frameset.htm?e4c52854bb571014aeb88753d0dad158.html

Due to some configuration issue I had to stop working on HANA cloud and instead had to work on the SAP HANA VMs on cloudshare with 30 day trial license.

Now, i need to somehow port my existing Java EE web application to work on the HANA vm server on cloudshare.

Can anyone please tell me how this can be done?

2. The "configuration issue" highlighted above in HANA cloud is as below

We are creating a full text index on one of our text columns. Although the index and its $TA_<index name> table is created, there is no data in this index table. I later figured that this was due to a missing delivery unit 'sap.hana.ta.config' in the HANA cloud server's content (thanks to this scn posthttp://www.saphana.com/thread/2302)

Is there any way using which I can import this missing delivery unit in my application or HANA cloud server's content?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Regards,

Sagar Dixit.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

For your first doubt, HANA has an inbuilt xs engine that can run regular html/javascript pages, but thats about it. You can develop rest based services such as odata to enable data access from the database, however I dont think you can take an entire java application and deploy it on HANA. Your alternative is to use a tomcat server to run your java application and enable access to HANA database.

As for your second doubt what HDB revision are you on? The TA config package should have been automatically loaded with the update/upgrade/install.

However you can also find the package located in /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/hdb/auto_content.

The package name is HANA_TA_CONFIG.tgz

If you don't see this in your auto_content folder, then you probably need to upgrade your HANA database.

Thanks,

Sharan