cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update the negative values in key figure APODPDANT?

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

We are using the report /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_QUERY to check the negative values in the key-figure(KF) APODPDANT.

We want to enhance the report functionality to achieve the following -

1. Add a column to the detailed report to show the negative values for the KF.
  2. Clear the negative values for the KF.

We have tried to create a macro to clear the negative proportional factors for the KF. But this solution did not work out as desired (long story)

I have debugged the code and understand the entire business functionality is delegated to the FM - /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_DATA_QUERY. It calls the FM /SAPAPO/OM_TS_QUERY_OBJECTS to fetch the data from the LiveCache(LC). The data is fetched from the LC via the stored proc SAPTS_QUERY_OBJECTS.

I have figured out that we need to copy the program & the function to custom code and do the changes. I am able to add the column to the detailed report output as well

I have a couple of questions, they are -

1. Are the values returned by /SAPAPO/OM_TS_QUERY_OBJECTS (ET_ANSWERS-VALUE1) the negative values for the KF APODPDANT? If yes, how can i check these LC values? I have tried using the LCA transaction hub - /SAPAPO/OM00 - but could not figure out how to use!
  2. Is there any technique to update these values(from Step(1) above) in the LC? Any function, method et al.

Thanks for your feedback.

BR,

Suhas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can APODPDANT be negative too 🙂

I am just curious

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Borat Sagdiyev wrote:

Can APODPDANT be negative too 🙂

I am just curious

As a matter-of-fact, yes (atleast that's what they are in my system)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If there are negative values of APODPDANT then the source of the problem is probably the basis key figure using which you generated APODPDANT.

If you know that original level of aggregation of the source data, then you can probably try executing the macro (to make it 0) by selecting those levels in the background. e.g. if you original agg level of basis key figure is product x customer then select product and customer in the background macro job.

May be you can create a copy of the original key figure and make that 0 and use it to calculate apodpdant IF the objective is to eliminate negatives. This was you still preserve the original value for whatever purpose it serves.

Probably if it were this simple, you wont bother developing a report to fix it. Apologies if this was too naïve a suggestion

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Borat,

Thanks for your reply!

If you know that original level of aggregation of the source data, then you can probably try executing the macro (to make it 0) by selecting those levels in the background.

We had created a macro to initialize the negative values based on the criteria specified (aggregation level + correct key figure). But there is a mismatch in the time bucket; the data view is defined with a weekly visibility. Hence the macro missed the values which happened at a daily level

Probably if it were this simple, you wont bother developing a report to fix it.

I'm new to APO so everything looks Greek & Latin to me right now

Apologies if this was too naïve a suggestion

Definitely not!

Cheers,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Welcome to APO.

Week or month is not an issue. If you were able to run this simple macro it should wipe out all values you are trying to wipe out. The storage bucket profile is what determines at what level is the stored in the planning area. The time bucket profile is only for display and editing of data

Not sure APO is Greek and Latin (or German) but definitely lot of checks and buttons are intentionally hidden to confuse the users and most don't even have any F1 help. I cant call this anything but venal. purposefully misleading users. The likes they do selling products on TV with 5 hours of non-stop ads without ever revealing the fine print. I come across words like "robust", "powerful", "built-in", "dynamic", "consistent" all the time without ever getting to know the science and logic behind it.

Anyway if you were good at solving riddles and puzzles at school and bad at economics, you will likely make this one out too or try and see if there is a special paid training class by SAP on how proportional factors work. I was trying to discover something similar last week but gave it up. Actually I was smart, I told the client that there is no documentation by SAP and hence the results are wrong. I need not test. So I chose another option. The client was nice and we both blamed SAP over some drinks and happily went home.